Seeking Comfort

Yoon Se Ri POV

"Can you stay a bit longer, baby? We have just been living here for a month and you already want to leave for Seoul?" Jeong Hyeok asks, more like whining than asking.

I close my laptop screen in a huff. and glare at him, "I can't. You know how tight my schedule is. Three months, I only have three months left before I take the long leave. I should have left for Seoul three weeks ago but look I'm still here, for God's sake, Jeong Hyeok!"

"I don't know, Se Ri, I don't know. No need to tense up like that, I was just asking," he pouts and leaves me to the kitchen.

I massage my temple and take a deep breath. I shouldn't talk to him like that. I've been staying in Zürich for almost two weeks to finalize the documents of our newly bought house, my residency status, and set up new furniture in the house, but I can't help to think about my business in Seoul. I should leave three weeks ago but I got more tired than usual and the doctor didn't give me an ok to fly. I was frustrated but tried to align everything back, but still, I hate it.

I lean my back on the couch, and my eyes wander to this living room of our house. Even though this isn't the most luxurious house in the neighborhood, it's comfortable, spacious enough, and pretty, like traditional Switzerland type of chalet we often see on desk calendars or tourism advertisements. It's located in Zürichsee, facing the beautiful Lake Zürich as its view.

He let me chose the house from three options of houses that available. What I want is the modern luxury house, but Dad reminded me to tone down a bit and let my husband taking his role to lead our family, respect his pride by giving him chance to provide for our family. The point is, according to my Dad, as long as it's comfortable for us, let him be the breadwinner.

I'm still processing this concept. I have enough in my savings to live comfortably here for years. But still, Dad said, unless we have communicated this thing and agree, he emphasized on the word agree, on a particular financial plan for our family, then I shall not cut him down by implicitly showing that, I earn more money than him, or I am financially more stable than him.

"Pomegranate juice, Mrs. Ri?" he comes back to me with his captivating dimple smile and a glass of pomegranate juice in his hand.

"Put it down," I exhale.

Confused, but he follows my request. Once the glass is secured on the table, I plunge myself to hug him and pull his back closer to me, inhaling his manly wooden scent.

"I'm sorry, I shouldn't say that. I can't stop thinking about things in Seoul."

"This supposed to be our honeymoon week, but you've been refusing me. I get it, pregnancy hormones?"

"Maybe, can be, but more like stress, maybe?"

"You jump and immediately pick up the call from your office, or Yoo Jin Woo, whenever he calls. I'm jealous."

I laugh with his cheekiness. I know he isn't seriously jealous because of Yoo Jin Woo? Please.

"Oh please. Yoo Jin Woo? Stop that. Are you coming with me to Seoul?"

"I want to, but I can't stay long. I have to go back the next day and will come again to Seoul in two weeks. The dean has granted my request for the new lecturing arrangement but I can't skip a day in my working week. It would trouble the other scheduled class."

"I don't get it, but I understand. What about you let me go back alone, and we meet again in two weeks? So you won't get too exhausted and we can save more money."

"No. What if something happens to you? You faint, or other horrible things? No. You're carrying twins, mama Ri, no."

I chuckle looking at his worried face. He has become extra protective especially when we have found out that God bless us with twins in my belly.