Mile High (part 1/2)

Yoon Jin Ah POV

The noise from the non-stop car honking has become something familiar to my ears. I've been living almost five months here and have to get used to all this city offered, whatever it is. The catastrophic noise from car honks, unpredictable weather, and the sea of people talking in multiple languages along the pedestrian of New York City.

I slide my hand in Jin Woo's arm as we walk down from the nearby coffee shop back to my apartment. Once in a while, I steal a glance at the man beside me, adoring his side profile. As if I would never get tired staring at his jawline, nose bridge, and high cheekbones. Standing tall among the crowd, his handsome face is easy to spot and often earns second glances from people who are passing by.

We stop by the street within the crowds, waiting for the traffic lights to turn red. My ears catch some giggles from girls behind me, speaking in Korean about how gorgeous this man is. I hide my proud smile but can't hold my blushing cheeks, especially when our eyes meet. He chuckles at my awkwardness.

The red lights turn on, and the sign to cross the street turn on. Just before we start to walk, Jin-Woo crosses his arm around my back and his hand holds my arm squeezing it lightly, earning gasps from the girls behind.

We walk one more block before reaching my apartment. Jin Woo checks on his phone, displaying the incoming call from Jeong Hyeok on the screen. He picks it up, cheerfully greets him a good evening, because it's already 7 PM in Zürich while we are here at sunny PM.

He puts his Bluetooth headset on and slides his phone back to his pants. I notice that he always prefers to keep his hand as free as possible whenever he has to pick a call. Let it be a Bluetooth headset or Bluetooth speaker while driving, things that will ease his hand. Soon his hand finds his place back on to me, this time it rests on my waist.

I am no longer jumpy over his touch over there, unlike five months ago where I still hesitate to explore each other in intimacy, still, whatever physical affection he gives to me, let it be as simple as this, it always feels special. Not that we have gone all the way on that department but I have made remarkable progress, as to how he calls it. I am still shy buy Jin Woo says that it only gets him even more infatuated.

I try to catch up on what they talk about, about what time Jeong Hyeok should pick them up because Se Ri can't wait to meet us. She doesn't want to wait at home and Jeong Hyeok is too nice to say no.

I giggle imagining how the four of us will reunite after our last time, was at their wedding. Jin Woo and Se Ri always bicker over anything, Se Ri always rolls hee eyes every time Jin Woo shows his compassion to me, and how she will rush to cling to Jeong Hyeok, earning another rolling eye but this time, from Jin Woo.

With Jin Woo gets more touchy and Se Ri being cheekily curious about us, I can only rely on Jeong Hyeok to save me from more possible embarrassment. Sometimes I think that Jin Woo and Se Ri are twins.

My thoughts are interrupted as someone crash into my shoulder and I almost stumble, but Jin Woo's hand grips my arm firmly, pulling and holding me back to balance position. He mumbles to Jeong Hyeok that he will call him back and quickly observing my condition before he opens his mouth going to scold the clumsy interrupter, who is seconds faster than him getting my attention.

"Jin Ah girl, are you okay? I am so sorry!"

The neighbor umbrella guy.

Reflect as Korean to Korean, I half-bow and smile to him, "I am. It's ok."

"It's been a while. How's your hand? All good?"

I can feel Jin Woo glares at him. He won't like this. I hope he won't lose his cool fast-