Saiyaan

A/N: This is a scene rewrite of the hut scene (aka first attempt of consummation). I believe it should've played out differently at this stage in their relationship and I just personally think that if a women moves her face away, it means she's not interested. I love everything else in these episodes up to the firefly scene (that is one of my faves). I also loved the choice of song but just not the fact that they didn't try to talk about everything they have been through.)

***

As Arnav glanced over at the dupatta that distanced him and his wife, he was overcome with a feeling of longing. Throughout the days he had been away from her, he had just wanted to be with her. He regretted every moment he hurt her because he was starting to realise, deep in his heart, that she was telling the truth; she always had been and maybe she really was that same innocent Khushi he had fell for all those months ago. There had been several moments in their marriage that he had forgotten that he was meant to hate her and he had gone back to flirting with her and almost admitting all his feelings in person and not just when he was under danger of never seeing her again. He thought about how powerful their relationship was coming to be. Suddenly he wanted to show her that he meant it when he said he loved her on the phone, he wanted to destroy every boundary between them and finally listen to the desire he had felt since that photoshoot.

Khushi nervously moved the dupatta that was between her and her husband to find him kneeling by the lantern, adjusting it. He looked at her, like did whenever he was mesmerised by her and she felt her dhak dhak increase loudly. His eyes radiated so much light that even the fireflies he had brought her a few minutes ago, seemed dim in comparison. He stood up and started to step towards her. She started breathing heavily as she clutched the pallo of her sari and covered the skin that was showing. He continued to walk closer to her and ducked underneath the rope between them and she started to step back. Their little ritual became even more anxiety inducing as she took a peek of his sweaty built up arms. Hey Devi Maiya she thought. Then she felt her back hit the wall of the hut with Arnav standing less than a couple of inches away from her. She couldn't run from how she felt in this moment anymore, how she had wanted nothing more than to be his wife for more than just these months, how she wanted their relationship to blossom into one of love. Arnav brought his hand closer to her face gently tucked a stray bit of her fringe behind her ear. He started to lean in to kiss her but she moved her face away. Arnav took the opportunity to kiss her neck instead and she sighed as a strong heat rushed through her, despite the heavy breathing. He moved his gaze back up and she felt as if he was looking straight through her. She tried to move away from his left side but he put his arm up to her side. She stared at him and then tried the other side and he lifted his other arm to place on her other side but then stopped. Khushi looked back at him at the sudden change in movement. He stepped back realising then that this wasn't the right time at all for any of this. He studied her face for a reaction but instead just saw confusion.

"I'm sorry Khushi." He started moving back causing Khushi to be overcome with even more confusion. "I shouldn't have- mujhe pata hai ke humare beech aisa- I'm sorry (I know that we don't have that type of relationship)." It was wishful thinking that they did, though.

Khushi sighed and looked down, hiding her gaze from his piercing one. She looked back up when he felt his hand take hers in his and lead her over to the hay. They sat down and Khushi continued to fiddle with her pallo.

They sat in silence for a moment until she spoke. "Shukriya Arnav Ji. (Thank you, Arnavji)" He looked at her but she didn't explain and he didn't push her. "Hum ghar kaise jaayenga yahan se? (How will we get home?)"

"Subah he humme transport milenga jo humme ghar tak pohnchade. (We'll have to get some public transport from here in the morning.)"

"Toh tab tak? (Until then?)"

"Humme yahin rehna chahiye jab tak who log chale nahi jaate. (We'll have to stay here until the men don't leave.)" Khushi looked up and nodded.

"Kash hum yeh pata laga sake ke iss sab ke peeche kis ka haat hai. Usse toh hum chodege nahi. (I wish we knew who did this to you. Once I find out, I will not let them get away with it.)"

Arnav placed his hand on top of hers, "Tum chinta maat karo abhi, yeh sab ghar jaake hi discuss ho payenga. (Don't worry, I promise we'll discuss everything properly when we get home."

Khushi nodded.

"Waise ghar me kissi aur ko pata hai? (Does anyone else know at home?)" Arnav asked.

Khushi hesitated and then spoke. "Mami ji ko par abhi humne aur kissi ko nahin battaya. (Mamiji does but I've made sure no one else does.)"

"Theek hi kiya, faltu mein sab chinta karte. (That's good, everyone would worry in vain.)"

Khushi stared at him. "Faltu mein? Apne apni halat dekhi hai? Aapko shayd koi faraq nahin par tah ke saab aapse kitna pyaar karte hai par- (In vain? Have you seen your state? Myabe you don't care that everyone loves you so much but-)"

"Khushi, mera matlab sirf yahin tha ke agar unko pata chalta toh who sab bhi apni life risk karte mere liye and I can't let that happen, not to you or anyone else. (Khushi, I just menat that if they found out then they would also try to risk their life and I can't let that happen, not to you or anyone else.)"

Khushi looked at him with her eyes radiating unspoken words. "Agar hum nahin aate toh aapko who log kuch kar na dete. (If I hadn't found you then god knows what they would've done to you.)"

Arnav sighed. "Ajeeb hai, abhi tak humaare beech jo bhi hua hai uske bavajood tumne mujhe bechane ke liya yeh saab kiya. (It's strange, after everything that has happened between us, you still did all this for me)"

Khushi placed her other hand on top of Aranv's hand that still lay on top of hers. "Isme ajeeb kya hai? Hum apne swami ke liya kuh bhi kar sakte hai. (What's odd in that? I can do anything for my god-like husband)" Khushi smiled teasingly expecting Laad Governer to show her his angry face again but instead he rolled his eyes and smiled.

"Pata hai Khushi, wahan pe mere paas bahut time tha sochne ke liya par mera har khayal tumhare bare mein hi tha. (You know Khushi, I had so much time to think when I was trapped there but I only thought of you.)" He looked at her intently and she felt tears fill in her eyes. "Mujhe laga ke main phir se shayad tumhe kabhi dekh nahin paonge, mil nahin paonga aur woh sari baate joh maine tumhe nahin kahin woh kabhi nahin kehyi. Tumme pata hain? Maine aaj tak humari rishte se joodi hui har cheez ralhi hui hai kyunki mujhe bahut daar lag raha tha Khushi. I can't lose you. (I thought I would never see you again and never be able to tell you all those unspoken words. Do you know, I've kept all those objects that are related to our relationship because I was so scared Khushi. I can't lose you."

Khushi smiled through her tears of shock as she remembered what he had told her on the phone. "Khushi, I love you." She thought about all the thoughts and dreams she had of him and how maybe he was starting to believe her and her innocence. Maybe their relationship that seemingly was filled with hatred and pain, wasn't just that after all and maybe, they had a future. Maybe even a future filled with love and happiness.

He brought his hand up to her cheek and wiped away her tears and she grabbed it, closed her eyes and let her face revel in every touch. This moment felt so special and the two were completely devoured in each other until they heard a loud noise.