one

The sky was blue, pink, red and purple. It reminded Seokjin of a fond memory- he and another boy, a little younger than him, were lazily coating the blank canvas with colors they thought best represented them. Blue- Serene and stable, Pink- Love and kindness, Red- Energy and passion, Purple- "Purple is the last color of the rainbow Seokjinnie. It means that I will love you for a long time". Long time. A very long time. But a long time isn't forever.

"Hyungie- you are doing it again-" a tiny voice whined. Seokjin looked away from the sky allowing the younger boy sitting in front of him to come into his focus.

Min Yoongi. The feared rapper, an acclaimed producer and an outstanding performer. More importantly, Seokjin's eternal best friend, who will pick up Seokjin's phone calls at all odd times even when he is asleep and Yoongi loves to sleep just like Seokjin loves to act.

Seokjin just hums unaware what Yoongi was referring to. "You are doing that thing, where you look at something for too long and you stop listening to me. Instead you start associating the object with a memory. A sweet memory which has now turned sour because it is just a memory and not the present." Yoongi speaks rapidly with a straight face. "Yoongi-chi, how do you just say these things with a straight face? As though they mean nothing" Seokjin thinks out loud. "You are the actor hyungie- not me. I do not have to express anything with my face", Yoongi replies mindlessly. "You know me too well", Seokjin mutters ignoring the previous remark. The younger boy smiles proudly, "I have known you since forever. Since we were little kids learning to spell our names, of course I know you", he chimed.

Seokjin hummed softly glancing at the two cups placed on the small white circular table. One completely empty and the other completely filled. Seokjin picked his cup to taste the cup of coffee. It was cold. He placed it away, "Well well, now why have I been invited to Min Yoongi's terrace this terrific evening", Seokjin questioned as though he were reciting his lines from an old English play. Yoongi sighed seeming unamused, "I- well uh- You know the movie you were about to star in-" Seokjin immediately interrupts Yoongi, aware that it is wrong and manner less to interrupt someone while they talk but he is the older one so he can do the same, "Unbreak my Heart. Were-? I am still a part of it, Yoongi. I am so excited about it. They sent me the script over two years ago, I don't know what took them so long to finally start the production" Seokjin chimed like a happy child who just got his favorite candy. Yoongi did not look so happy. Perhaps because he knew something that Seokjin didn't yet. "Kim Taehyung is the second lead", Yoongi announced with no intention of keeping the information, from the older, for any longer.

Seokjin's face lost its color. His eyelids folded over gently and his cheeks fell down as though the child had dropped his favorite candy before he could taste it. "Kim Taehyung is the second lead", Seokjin repeated to himself. Yoongi didn't speak nor did Seokjin. They both just sat quietly watching the sun dip below the horizon.

Dusk. It was quite a metaphor to Seokjin's acting career which was slowly drawing to an end. Seokjin had begun acting when he was just seven years old. Participated in the school's annual theatre festival. Scored his first big screen break through at the age of fifteen. Wooed millions of hearts with his little chirpy smile. His career was at its peak when he was in his early to mid twenties. Won all prominent awards in Korea and a few Internationally too. Nation's Heartthrob. Seokjin lived a hectic life with busy schedules and no rest. It was the admiration and love from his fans that kept him alive. As usual, with time it changed. Still popular and loved but his schedule began to relax. He didn't have to work inhuman hours anymore. He didn't have to squeeze in sleep in his tight schedule. He began living more comfortably. He was happy. It was only a few months ago that Seokjin realized that the industry was slowly replacing him. Seokjin was thirty. Quite young. But not young enough for the Industry. There were more younger and more handsome boys and he knew it was their time to shine. So when the producer said that he exquisitely wanted to cast Seokjin for this role he was more than happy. Especially because the story was one of his own. Seokjin could remember himself as this character. If this was the last time he would ever star in a large production, It had to be this one. Now, Seokjin doesn't know.