Age: nine Time: 2006 |chapter 3|

sitting the last box down she cheers "finally! It's over!" Jacob scoffs crossing his arms saying "it wasn't that bad,"

she matches his pose but adding a raised brow saying "sorry, Papa, it was that bad, you own more stuff then Dad does."

she'd started calling him 'Papa' once they announced he was moving in, he pouts saying "I'm telling."

she snickers at him saying "go right ahead."

he huffs stomping off playfully, she turns around to see Willow covering her mouth laughing saying "you two act like children."

Paige rolls her eyes, she doesn't talk to Willow much anymore during the day due to her father taking her to a psychiatrist about talking to her 'imaginary' friend, and they called in another shrink, who said she was crazy and needed to be locked away in the depths of hell.

She learned she doesn't care if she's crazy, Willow is one of her only friends, so she only speaks or reacts to Willow much unless it's night time. "Paige, be nice to Jacob, he is fragile." upon hearing this Paige busts out laughing covering her mouth with one hand and her sides with the other.

(Paige's dream)

watching the battlefield, though her voice is muted she still attempts to scream in horror. unable to move to run or help she watches men dressed in black SWAT-like armor, only instead of that it's an Eagle like insignia fighting teens who are dressed in Greek style armor.

she sobs seeing a seven-year-old getting shot down, the teens holding bows, swords, spears, knives, etc. and the men dressed in black holding various types of firearms, some hold M-16s, Sniper rifles or 45s' they just keep killing one another, shouting, screams, sobs, and cries for medics coming from both sides.

a fair-skinned, blond, blue-eyed girl holds someone who looks nearly exactly like her, the only male she screams "Malcolm! Medic! Medic! Please, someone! Paige! Help!"

she tries to run to the blond, to help but she still couldn't move, only causing her breathing to increase, her heart to pound on he rib cage.

a hand grips her shoulder, moving her to see her mom, she nearly shouts her questions frantically "what is this? why are they killing each other? Who is she?"

the women smiles a patient and sad smile, "this is the future."

she stares at her mother in horror and the older women explains "if you make this set of choices, my Love, this is just one of the many out comes, with one outcome, comes thousands of others."

the child nods but not quite grasping the weight of her mother's words asking her mother in near desperation "ok, what choices do I make to avoid this?!"

sighs interlocking her arm with her daughter's, saying in a dangerously calm voice "dear, I know your young, but don't raise your voice to me."

she nods taking a deep breath replying "ok, I won't, but how do I avoid blood shed?"

hums walking with her saying "you can't, death is inevitable. change is the only thing that doesn't change." she gives her mother a pained look, hanging her head, pressing her lips into a fine line. "you can't tell the future, but try your best to be better then this."