(02) Devil Boy

I then felt someone pull my arm out of the college boys grip.

I look to see whose face is connected to the hand and it was a girl in what looked to be a Velma costume from Scooby-Doo, she was short and was dark-skinned.

She sat me down in a somewhat clean spot on one of the couches, another girl enters the group who was the tallest out of all of us she was in a Daphne costume I imagined they were either together or friends.

"Babe, what happened? Who's the girl?" the Daphne girl said.

"I had to get her out of there Trey was putting his hands all over her." Velma says while gesturing to the corner.

"Trey!" Daphne yells while looking for him,

"Hey, um-"

"Venus my name is Venus."

"Venus?" Velma looks at me confused,

"My mom is a professor in Greek Mythology. But you can call Vena."

"Well Vena, I'm Anya and my girlfriend in the Daphne costume is Tamra." Anya says with a smile while pointing towards Tamra who was looking for Trey.

"You guys are cute, and thank you for saving me, I feel like such an idiot for letting him get so close." I put my head in my hands with disappointment. Anya gently grabs my hand and pulls it away from my face she squats down to make eye contact with me.

"Hey Vena, don't get upset boys are fucking assholes why do you think I like women?"

I snicker at her comment, she seemed to be good at making me feel better which is what I needed.

"So who are you here with?"

"My brother he is in a football jersey," I try and point him out in the crowded party but there are about 5 other guys in football jerseys.

"Well he is somewhere."

"Do you go to Clerk University?" Anya ask while she guides me to the alcohol stand. Except this time Trey isn't there and neither is his friend.

"No, I'm taking a gap year." I say while making myself a rum and coke.

"That's too bad but why don't you hang with me and Tamra, I would hate to leave you alone."

"That would be amazing thank you again." we both tap our cups and drink.

***

After a few drinks in I dance with girls to throwback club music played by some college DJ. I see a few eyes on me but one pair I take notice, it was a tall guy in a devil costume he had a cheap devil mask on that covered his whole face, a red hoodie with black ripped jeans, and he was wearing many rings on with a skull on his middle finger.

He looked to be checking me out but, it was almost too inviting the way he looked at me. He seems mysterious but like a puzzle that I couldn't quite find all the pieces... which I like.

We continue our stare at each other, I don't know if it was the music, the liquor, or his body language but my stomach and core was feeling something I haven't felt in forever

"Fuck... who is this guy?"

I make my way out of the crowd to go near him, but once I was out of the sweaty bodies he was gone.

"Vena!" someone yells my name from the crowd,

It was Tamra she and Anya exited the dance floor and walked towards me still trying to eye out the devil boy.

"Fuck I must be wasted I could have sworn I made eye contact with some boy in a devil costume." I wave myself trying to cool down from all the dancing and sweat.

"Girl you are wasted, come on let's go outside." Tamra said as she pulls me outside, Anya following us.

I grab a water and let the chill breeze hit my face, I look to see my brother Zack with a girl.

"Oh my god!" my mouth drops,

"What, what's going on?" Anya looks in my direction.

"That football jersey idiot with the cat ears girl is my brother." I take her finger and point at him,

"Ha! That's a sight to see." Arya says as we both see him with a girl who's basically dry-humping his leg while they make out.

"How do you know my brother?" 

"Oh were friends of friends and he both have some classes together." She smiles and looks back at him still making out with the tipsy girl.

As I am just about to grab my phone to take a photo of this hilarious scene, we all hear a guy in a vampire costume yell,

"Spin the bottle in the Living Room Upstairs!"

"Let's do it!" I say while walking inside Tamra and Anya follow behind me.

"Okay, but I'm not kissing any boys just so we're clear!" Anya yells while we pass by the DJ.

***

"Okay rules!" the vampire dude says showing his plastic vampire teeth.

"Rule number 1: whoever it lands on has to be kissed if you chose to not kiss that person the person next to you has to."

"Rule num-"

"Hey are we really playing a middle school game like that." the college guy in the firefighter costume walks into the group.

I make a gulp in my throat as he eyes me while smirking,

"Well Trey what would you play?" a girl in lingerie says seductively.

"7 minutes in heaven..." he turns towards me again licking his lips this time.

"Why fucking me." I turn my head towards the window away from Treys god awful stares.

"Ayyy the devil coming to join the party, we're just about to play 7 minutes in heaven!" someone in the group shouts.

I turn my head sharply towards the boy in the devil mask who sat down in the circle, my stomach did flips and I smiled into my shoulder. I could sense Treys stare still, I felt like I was a piece of meat or some sort of medal to win.

We start the game the girl in lingerie spins the bottle, she clearly gets upset when it didn't land on asshole Trey, the bottle ended to a guy dressed as a boxer. They walked into a supply closet, after two mins of nothing we heard the girl whining.

"Ow my hair James! Ugh why did it have to land on you!"

Me and the girls start to laugh I look to the devil boy he stares at me while taking a hit of his vape underneath his mask.

"Damn even smoking makes him look hot." I hate cigarettes, vaping is whatever but fuck when he does it and I haven't even seen his face yet.

A few minutes later the closet door opens and both of them look like they enjoyed themselves a bit too much. The girl had smudged lipstick and the boy was missing one boxing glove and his shorts were inside out. Everyone snickers at them they both sit back down embarrassed.

"Okay who's next?" Trey says while rubbing his hands together,

"Vena how about you?" he looks at me still shaking his hands.

I can't stand this asshole, but to prove i'm not a pussy.

"Fine give me the damn bottle."

Ooos from the group enter the room.

I take the bottle from Trey's hand and spin it on the hardwood floor, I listen to the music downstairs while it spins, it's faint but I can hear the beat it vibrates the floor. The bottle continued to spin slowing down after each full spin, it finally stopped straight ahead off me I look up to see the devil boy I couldn't see his mouth but I felt like he was smiling.