(05) The Pill Bottle

"-and you never saw his face?"

"Maggie I already told you no, and I would really like to drop this. I was so wasted and i'm still trying to survive from utter embarrassment."

I sigh deeply while getting up from my bed and walk downstairs to the kitchen.

"Girl you are so bad! Okay but was he sexy?"

Maggie is relentless she always has been, we have been friends since middle school. She was the emo, Paramore, and colored streaks girl. As for me I was the volleyball, Selena Gomez, and video games. We are very different but fit each other's life like those crappy best friends charm bracelets.

She helped me get out of bed after my messy break-up, of course it didn't do much but she would always rent movies and buy me Chipotle like everyday Maggie is my perfect friend.

But after summer she had to move to California, after she found out about her acceptance letter to her dream college; California Institute of the Arts (CAL Arts).

But we still make it work I call her almost every day, and she gives me all the amazing details about living in L.A. I love her but sometimes I'll kill her, like today.

I told her about my embarrassing party fiasco with the devil boy and after several minutes of her begging for more details I mentioned what he said outside of the party.

"O M G... that is so hot Vena okay you have to find this guy like ASAP!!!"

"... I don't... even know where I would... start." I say while stuffing a brownie in my face.

"I could search for him?"

"NO, absolutely not! What if he has a girlfriend or a boyfriend, what if he has kids... OR AIDS!!!"

"Vena you're insane it was a college Halloween party and from what you told me I don't think he's gay, or sending his girlfriend goodnight texts."

I see my mom walk into the kitchen, setting down the groceries and a package.

"Hey Mags I gotta go talk later!"

"But what about the stalking?"

"BYEEEE"

I hang up the phone quickly, not wanting my mom to hear the conversation that just took place.

"Who was that?" she says while putting the milk in the fridge.

"Oh just Maggie telling me about all the beautiful scenery in Cali."

"Aww that's nice can you open that package for me?"

"Sure mom... what is it?" I take the scissors from the drawer and start to rip open the brown cardboard box.

"Just some stuff for my classroom."

My mom Debra works at Clerk University the same college my brother goes to, she works in the Historical Department, as the Greek Mythology Professor.

She's won many faculty awards, and is seen as one of the best Professors in the whole University. When I told her I wasn't going to college after high school she was pretty dramatic...

"Venus Lee Ambren!!! YOU ARE GOING TO HAVE A COLLEGE DEGREE!!!!"

"God mom that's still the fucking plan! I'm just talking a year off before doing so."

"WATCH YOUR LANGUAGE VENUS!"

"Sorry, but I don't even know what major I wanna be in!"

"NOBODY DOES! I was a major in political science when I first started college and look at me now!"