(2021) Hallowmas Special: Trick or Treat! Part 1

"No. Absolutely not."

"Oh, come on, pleeeeaaaase??"

"No!"

"Why not?!"

"Because it's ridiculous!"

"So's everything else I come up with!"

"I know, Hawthorne! That's why I said 'no' before you even asked me about it!"

"But Jaaaaack!"

"But no!"

Hawthorne and Jack stood five feet apart, glaring at each other. It was that wunderful time of year where everyone was looking for the perfect costume for Hallowmas. Jupiter had said that Morrigan and Jack could go out trick-or-treating with Cadence and Hawthorne, so here the four were, arguing about what costumes they would wear.

"But you could pull it off! You already wear an eyepatch!"

"For the last time, Hawthorne, I am NOT dressing up as a pirate for Hallowmas."

"But-"

"No!"

Hawthorne huffed, stalking over to the couch Cadence was sitting on and dramatically collapsed onto it, laying his head on her lap.

Jack sighed, "no wonder you and Frank get on so well..."

Morrigan stifled a fit of giggles, "I was just thinking the same thing."

Hawthorne let out a dramatic sigh, "Cady, you should go as a fairy princess."

Cadence rolled her eyes, pushing the curly-haired boy off her lap and then the couch entirely, "yeah, no. I'll pass, thanks."

"What about you, Mog? Fairy princess?"

Morrigan wrinkled her nose, "Yeah... I'm with Cadence on this one."

"She could be Wednesday Addams... just braid her hair, and she's good to go," Jack said, sitting down in an armchair.

Morrigan glared at him, "and you should definitely be a pirate."

Cadence and Hawthorne nodded in agreement.

"Oh, not this again," Jack got up and walked to the other side of the room. Once he was at the wall, he turned around, leant against it and glared at the other three, "Absolutely not."

"But-"

"Nuh."

"If you go as a pirate, Cadence will go as a fairy princess," Morrigan suggested.

"Hey- what!? I didn't agree to this!"

"Yeah, and Morrigan will go as Wednesday Addams-"

"What-"

"And I'll go as... uh... Juliet!"

"From Romeo and Juliet?"

"Yeah!"

"Hawthorne, you'd willingly go as literally anything."

"No, I refuse to go as a sock-"

"What? Why would anyone want to go as a sock?"

"I dunno, ask my neighbour Billy. He went as one when he was thr-"

"As tempting as that sounds," Jack interrupted, shaking his head, "I'm gonna have to say no."

"What? Why?"

"Oh, come on!"

"Wait! I have an idea!" Morrigan stood up, a devilish look on her face.