Chapter 12: Hostage Rescue

Yaoyorozu, Netsucharji, Tokoyami and Kaminari hutched over the hood of a fake police car. In front of them was a blueprint of an apartment building. "Should we go in stealthy? I work best in the dark with my quirk." Tokoyami stroked his beak as he thought out loud.

Netsucharji looked at the blueprint, it had 4 stories.

"We have to find the hostage first, it could be in any room, on any floor. I could use my flames to flush out the other team, but that runs the risk of hurting the hostage, even though it is a standard crash test dummy. If the hostage dies, we lose, if they kill the hostage, we lose, if the timer runs out, we lose. That is what Mr Tomioka - I mean Spectre - said."

Kaminari stared at the blueprint, "I guess they could throw the hostage out the window or balcony, so we have to be careful. I'd say we go through the front door, like a normal person, and we'll take it slow and methodical."

Tokoyami crossed his arms, "Sounds like a plan to me, you agree with us Yaoyorozu?"

"In a hostage situation, we cannot be slow and methodical, boys. My plan is we split up. Kaminari and Tokoyami take the first and second floor and Netsucharji and I rappel up the building and breach the third and fourth floor. If the hostage is on the top floor or the third-floor Netsucharji grabs the hostage and extracts them to the extraction point."

Yaoyorozu pointed to an ambulance with a red smoke grenade.

"The woman does have a solid plan; I agree with her." Said Netsucharji with a grin.

A voice came over the loudspeaker:

"TEAM A AND TEAM B, HOSTAGE TRAINING SITUATION, START."

Netsucharji looked the apartment building, "Well that's our plan guys, Momo and I will rappel up to the 3rd floor, you two take the 1st and 2nd floor."

Kaminari and Tokoyami nodded. "Right, see you on the flip side!" Kaminari chuckled and looked at Netsucharji and Yaoyorozu and putting up a heart symbol with his hands. Yuma shook his head, "Don't blow my cover dude..." he said under his voice. Tokoyami used his dark shadow to kick down the barricaded door and went inside, Kaminari followed.

"Going in, stay behind me Kaminari," Tokoyami said as he walked down the hallway. Meanwhile outside Netsucharji and Yaoyorozu looked at the apartment building.  "So, Momo any ideas you got up your fancy non-existent sleeves?" asked Yuma. His teammate had her back faced to him; she was creating something.

"These are rappel harnesses and grapple hooks, put these on. It will allow you to rappel up the building", said Momo as she handed Yuma a harness and a grappling hook. Yuma strapped the harness onto his hero costume, "Jesus Christ how do you bloody put this thing on?" he said to himself. 

Momo turned her head to her classmate, "You need help with that?"

The black-haired girl raised her eyebrow.

Yuma's face turned red as he struggled to fit the harness between his legs, nearly tripping over. "Yes..." Momo helped her classmate with his harness, adjusting it and tightening it.

"Thanks, now let's get going." Said Yuma as he threw his grapple hook up at the building and it hooked to a balcony. "You ready Yaoyorozu?" said Yuma as he started to climb the face of the building.

"Please tell me these are strong and can support both our body weight?" Yuma turned to his classmate who was scaling the building with him. "Yes, the ropes do support our body weight so don't worry about falling and breaking all your bones", replied Yaoyorozu.

Netsucharji let out a sigh of relief "Good, you had me worried there, the 3rd floor is above us, should we go in through the balcony and kick open the door?" Momo stopped and held onto her rope, "Good idea Netsucharji. I can create a lockpicker if the door is locked."