2

Imagine being alone in a dark room, surrounded by nothing but stuffed animals and cockroaches.
That's how Casi's school days were like. She actually enjoyed school, the learning part. Socialization wasn't, I guess you could say, her "thing."
She enjoyed a class or two on most good days. But most of the time she'd rather be running or screaming or crying. Just out of the way of things.
She crept through the halls wondering what was on the minds of all these other people. "Was this how it was always going to be?"
She wandered to her next class until she was sidetracked by a girl she had never seen before.
Moments later she fell face first in the middle of the hall. People snickered and no one bothered to help.
"What's wrong with me?" She thought.
"Are you alright?" The girl shouted from down the hall. She ran towards Casi, helping her up.
Casi cleared her voice, "I'm fine."
"Hi, I'm Anna. I just moved here."
"Hello." She mumbled.
"And you are?.." She asked.
"Oh, uh, Casi." She replied. "I have to get to class." She stumbled away from the girl as she happily turned towards the other direction. "That Anna girl was beautiful." She thought.
By the time sixth hour was over, the accident was out of my head. Back to a normal day.
After school Anna had been walking in the same direction as her, she caught up with Casi and tapped her on the shoulder.
"Are you alright?" She asked.
"Yeah." She replied taking her loud headphones out. Her music faded as she paused the song. "My knee is a bit scraped up but I'll live, obviously." She added.
"Well, good." Anna said.
"Um, I'm new here and stuff. I just was wondering if you'd like to get some coffee sometime, or catch a movie?" She asked Casi politely.
"I had never been asked to do anything." She thought. Casi was confused and, somewhat, offended. "Was this a joke?" She thought.
She looked at Anna and started to cry. After seconds of staring into Anna's eyes, she ran. Running is what kept her sane.