promise

after the events with seongwha, yeosang was distraught. wooyoung had taken yeosang into his bedroom and the pair were lying down, wooyoung trying to keep yeosang calm.

"you know four months isn't that long, you'll be free from him in no time!"

"yeah, and until then i'm married to the biggest bastard i've ever met..." yeosang sighed angrily, pinching the bridge of his nose. "i swear if he makes me go to court over this-"

"don't stress out, i've got something planned for the both of us." wooyoung smiled, a sudden mischevious sparkle coming into his eyes.

"i don't know if i'm in the mood for anything big..." the  older trailed off as there was a knock at the door.

"stand up, and come with me."

slowly, yeosang pulled a blanket off his legs and held wooyoung's hand as they walked to the door. the older of the pair was slightly annoyed, but everything changed when ithe door opened.

on the other side was yeosang's closest friends from when they finished university: hongjoong, yunho, mingi, jongho, and san.

"YEOSANG!" mingi yelled, automatically running over and squeezing him into a hug, followed by san.

"oh-oh my god! wooyoung did you plan this?"

"yup! thought it would cheer you up!"

"but how did you know it was us at the door?" yunho asked.

"well, i didn't..." he giggled. "i'm glad it didn't turn out to be the pizza man actually."

"we heard about the whole seongwha situation, and we're sorry." hongjoong said somberly. "i actually blame myself for ever introducing you to him..."

"come on joongie, it's not your fault he's a dick." jongho piped up, causing everyone to laugh.

"so wooyoung invited us over for pizza and drinks! we've got a shit ton to catch up on." yunho pointed out.

"of course! everyone go in and make yourselves comfortable!"

as everyone walked in hongjoong held out his arms to hug yeosang tightly.

"i really am sorry you know..."

"don't stress, it's not like you can do anything about it."

"well, that's the second part of the surprise!" wooyoung said as hongjoong pulled a paper out of his pocket and gave it to yeosang.

"you're a LAWYER?"

"got my license two months ago. i still feel guilty, so i'm gonna help you out with this. we're gonna get everything you want out of that son of a bitch."

yeosang smiled, and pecked hongjoong's cheek.

"thank you so much joongie. and thank you wooyoung."

"anything for you sangie."

many drinks and seven pizzas later, everyone was either tired or passed out. hongjoong and san had decided to stay on the couch for the night, while everyone else had drove back.

wooyoung couldn't help smile seeing yeosang happy after the events previously, and quietly coaxed him to follow him to his room.

"huh?" yeosang whisper-shouted.

"just thought we should give them some privacy." he said, gesturing to san who was asleep on hongjoong's stomach.

both of them left the living room, and collapsed back onto wooyoung's bed.

"you feeling any better?"

"tons, thank you woo."

"no problem, that's my job."

"you know what?" yeosang began as he grabbed some pyjamas that had been laid out for him. "apart from the bits with seongwha, i've been a lot happier than usual. and it's all because of you."

"really?" wooyoung asked as he buried under the covers. "thanks!"

"i'm the one who should be thanking you." the older said, climbing into bed and hugging wooyoung close. "so... thank you."

"you're welcome."

"a-and i love you."

wooyoung paused for just one second, before yeosang kissed his cheek. they both laughed, but just hugged tighter.

"i love you too."

and then they slept, each feeling happier than they had ever been.

they weren't just friends, or even lovers. they were each other's comfort.

• • •

a/n:

i just wanted to say thank you so much for the votes this book has got, i couldn't be happier!
and stick around, there's one more chapter to go!