Shadows mistake

"Well?" Shadow said while still holding her hand
"Shadow I'd love to go on a midnight ride with you." She said with a small smile

"Well what are we waiting for?" He said with looking into her green ones
"Well for starters you're still holding my hand."

The ebony male quickly released her soft hand and a little blush crept up onto his cheeks "Sorry."

Once the two hedgehogs got their horses ready, Shadow was next to the pink female "So where we going for our ride?" She asked curiously

"You'll see."

"C'mon don't leave me in suspense here, I maybe Captain of the Royal Knights but I can't stand not knowing." She said with a small pout.
Shadow was having a hard time not giving into her when suddenly he thought of something.

"Ok how about this...if you beat me in a race I'll tell you." He said with a smirk
"Are you actually challenging me to a race?" She asked with her right eyebrow raised

"What's the matter? Could be that Amy Rose, who is Captain of the Knights is scared of a little race?" He said with a smirk

Amy hated being tested, HATED it! I mean don't get her wrong she enjoyed being put to the test by the other Knights in the Kingdom hell she'd even go up against the Riders and she'd win every time, but if she were to lose against Shadow she'd never here the end of it. So she decided to just go with it and get it over with.

"Alright I accept your challenge just do your best to try to keep up!" She said as she galloped past Shadow thus leaving him in the dust.

"Amy!" He said as he signaled to his black stead to go faster

~Later~
As Shadow had predicted Amy won by a long shot, but he didn't have to tell her where they were going because they were already there.

Amy couldn't believe her eyes it was a beautiful forest that was secluded by trees that had the prettiest of flowers blooming. Along with a river that was crystal clear water. But the thing that satisfied her the most the fact that there was a tree not to far from the river, she felt as if it was calling her over. All the while Shadow kept an eye on her just watching her explore and wonder the place he goes whenever he goes when he needed to be alone there was a short pause before the pink female broke it.

"Shadow...Who else nows about this place?" She asked

"Well there's me and know you." He said as he made his way over to her

"Well it certainly is beautiful." She said while she took in the scenery

"Not as beautiful as you." He muttered to himself.
Amy jerked her head over in his direction "What was that?" She asked curiously.

Shadows tan muzzle went red in an instant and he then realized what he had just said. "Yes it's certainly quite beautiful out." He said hoping that she'd believe him.

"So how'd you find this place anyway?"
A huge wave a relief came over him when she asked that.

"Well you see I was on one of my daily rides and Midnight was getting tired so I brought him here to rest."

A little while later Shadow and Amy were walking to their horses both knew that it was very late and had to get back to the castle, but before they did that Amy spoke "Thanks for bringing me here Shadow it's nice to get away from my duties." She said with a smile

"Yeah...It really does help get your mind off of things." He said while looking at her with a smile on his face.

She was about to get on her horse but before she could Shadow stopped her.

"Shadow what are you-" Before she could finish she was quickly filled with shock, by his sudden gesture.

The ebony hedgehog quickly placed a quick peck on her soft lips, in response this caused her to tense up after a few seconds she looked up at him with shock in her eyes. "I-I have to go..." She said as she got on her Clydesdale horse and quickly galloped away back to the castle. Shadow quickly came realize to what he had done, and quickly mimicked her movements and called out after her "Amy, wait!"
_________________________
A/N:Uh oh looks like Shadow made a huge mistake! What will he do in order to set things straight with Amy? Hope you enjoyed even though I think it's not as good as the other parts. Hope you enjoyed!