Chapter 9 | Camp Jupiter

(I couldn't think of any better titles-)

Hey guys! Sorry for not updating for a while 😅
I wasn't in writing mood for a Long time and homework is a pain.

By the way, the picture on top is a drawing of Scarletta made by one of my close friends :D

Anyways, hope y'all enjoy this chapter! uwu

————————————————————

(Derek's P.O.V.)

Just right after I put my stuff down in one of the apartments in New Rome that they signed to us, I walked out into the small city. I wore my CHB t-shirt, some jeans and sneakers. With no socks cause I'm those type of people who don't wear socks. 😉

As soon as I stepped out of the apartments, I was in awe of the beautiful architecture surrounding the city and had the urge to take my phone out of my pocket to take a few pictures to show my mom. If I wasn't adopted I probably would've been a child of Athena.

I'm not technically related to my Mother, Beryl Grace Jr, named after my great-grandma. After she found out that she couldn't have kids of her own, her Husband left her. She then decided to adopt a kid.

Me.

(Author: he's walking at this point)

I was a newborn baby left at the steps of an orphanage in a random place in Atlanta, Georgia. No name, no parents, just a baby.
I was probably about 3 years old when I was adopted by my mom.

Anyways- OOF-

I accidentally bumped into someone while day dreaming. Damn me and my brain.

The person I bumped into was a guy, maybe a camper from Camp Jupiter because I saw his purple SPQR Camp T-shirt so it was kinda obvious. He also looked like Ron Weasley from the Harry Potter books because of his curly ginger hair but one thing stood out from this guy was his dark emerald green eyes. Plus he was pretty short for a guy who looked like Ron. Yet, I couldn't help but stare a bit. Like a creep.

As we bumped into each other, I fell down on the hard ground with a thump and felt the stinging pain in my butt

"Oh gods! I'm sorry!" exclaimed the boy, holding out a hand.

Faster than a blink of an eye, he recovered from the fall so quickly and stood up I didn't even know if he actually hit the ground with me.

I was surprised by the softness in the boy's voice, it was like a girl's voice but nevertheless,  I took his hand and the ginger-haired helped me up to my feet.

"It's alright." I said as I dusted the dirt off my clothes.

"No problem!"

"Hey...aren't you from Camp Half-Blood? You got the orange t-shirt." asked the boy curiously.