Crimson will of fire + White lie

(Imagine Kakashi and his classmates are 28 years old now, so 10 years back, they were 18, that is, in their last year of high school.)

Flashback (Ten years ago)

A black haired young boy of eighteen years dashed up to his friend's house.
"KAKASHI!!!" he yelled at the door.

A white haired, thirty year old, cheerful man opened the door. "Hello, Asuma.. what brings you here?"

"Sakumo-san, hi.. Is Kakashi in?"

The silver haired man gave a closed eyes smile and whispered to Asuma "He's trying to hide.."

"He's late and he knows it! I'll go get him.. Thanks, Sakumo-san!"

Asuma ran to the boy's room, and the pewter haired boy was hiding inside the closet, reading a book, and the black haired boy knew it.
He opened the closet in a jiffy and hit Kakashi on the head. "We have a project today Kakashi, can you tell me why you were gonna skip?"

"Owwiiee... Well.. Ehehe.. Betsuni.. I wasn't gonna skip.. I thought I'd give you some alone time with Kurena- Ittetetete.. Oww! Okay okay okay... I get it, I get it .. I give up...Leave my ear!!"

Asuma did and sighed. "We gotta finish the project by this weekend.."

"What's it about?"

"We gotta enact a play.."

"A drama?"

"Yes. It was the day of the first practice today, but it's your fault that we are already two hours late.."

" I'm sorry.. So which one are we gonna do?"

"Merchant of Venice.."

"You would be perfect as Bassanio....."

"You've already read it?"

"Yeah.. somewhere around... four years back.. I think... I still remember the story.. and yeah, let Kurenai play Portia.."

"You really have got nothing up your sleeve right?"

"Of course not.. Let's go now, shall we? "

"Yeah... And you have an errand too.. We are falling short of female characters.."

"Shall I go get Anko? "

"Nope.. I already asked.. She's busy.. Looks like we have to bring in someone else.. and only you know who that someone is and how to make her agree, so get going.."

"Aye aye captain" said Kakashi, with a playful salute and rushed of downstairs.

"Kakashi don't run! " called out his mom Kaori, to which he paid no heed. "Gotta hurry, Kaa-san.. See ya later, Tou-san, Asuma.. I'll be there in like 15 minutes, you carry on.."

"Thanks for having me here, Kaori-san, Sakumo-san. Osewaninarimashita.."

"Come again some time, Asuma.." said Kaori, after which Asuma ran like the wind to Kurenai's house. He came in panting, to see some of his other friends sitting in her room, Genma, Shizune, Obito, Rin, Gai, and Ibiki.

"Asuma-taichou!! We are waiting for your command!!!"

"See.. Seems like Kakashi already read the whole play, and you know that guy. Even if he reads once, he'll remember the whole thing. He asked me to be Bassanio and Kurenai to be Portia.. is that fine with you guys?"

They all nodded in agreement. Rin suggested that since she and Obito were dating now, they wanted to play Lorenzo and Jessica. Obito blushed , turning redder than Kurenai's eyes. "You see, Obito's personality overlaps with Lorenzo, very cheerful. And since we are d-dating, the 'couple' mood will be set. But there are two more couples. I think one is Asuma and Kurenai."