Wings of Hope

"Oi! You child-killer! Come get the food you aren't worth!"

He hated that name, but hated himself much more. His blue eyes glared with seething rage, he took the plate callously handed over to him.

Each morsel of food filled his heart with regret. Regret and remorse no one would ever understand. 

His long, unkept long blonde hair hid his tears. For all he was worth in life, he just knew he was a sore loser.

Born in a prestigious military household, having his family killed in a coup, being taken in by his foster grandfather who took care of him like no one would, meeting friends, and having a step-sister as good as real one, his life was the perfect after story of a tragedy that everyone would like. But alas, his discontinued school years flashed before his eyes. If he had just been normal, wouldn't he be the centre of attention of his lovely friends-circle? Speaking of friends, they must be at college now... learning, going back to his grandfather's house...He wondered what that ever lasting long, black-haired, red-eyed, rival of his was doing. The more he remembered, the more he regretted.  Why? Why had he chosen to become like this? 

He recollected the fateful encounter, one that would topple his life over forever..

Flashback - 2 and a half years ago (as a second-year in highschool)

"Hey annoying thing, come with me for a sec.." called the grey haired companion fiddling with a small scythe-keychain. Hidan. The abandoned son of the weapon-mastery family. The black sheep of the school. The delinquent. The person who had gone to jail for gravely injuring a pedestrian by ramming his vehicle without license.The one no one hung out with, except him. He wanted to change this guy. Little did he know that he wouldn't be able to....

"Hmm?"

"I met someone at the hideout yesterday."

"Details please."

"Yeah.... apparently  he wants to hire me."

"Hmm? For what?"

"What else, but dirty work of course."

"What are you gonna do? Hmm?"

"I'll go if Jashin-sama says it's fine."

"What's with your God? Hmm? How the hell do you even talk to him?"

"Take your words back, you scum. Jashin-sama was the divine God who gave our family the holy weapon power."

"Are you sure you are in the present? All that stuff is just a myth.. don't you get it?"

"No.. Jashin-sama is our God...YOU DARE SAY ANYTHING ABOUT HIM!?!?!?!"

"No... Hmm.. cool down will ya.. Jashin-sama might be real and good but that priest is shady.."

"Who? Yutaka-sama? I feel like we have the savage blood, so he kinda fits in with me alright.."

"Hmm... that twisted guy..!!"

"I don't think so.. I am going to see him today and see what Jashin-sama is going to tell me to do"

"No! Hidan wake up! He could clearly be fooling you! How much offering did you make this month?"

"10,000 yen.. why?"

"Hidan! THAT"S RIDICULOUS! ISN'T THAT MOST OF YOUR PAY FROM THE BAITOU*?"

"I still have 5,000 left, and Jashin-sama asked me to fast a lot this month."

"THAT YUTAKA-BASTARD IS LYING TO YOU!!!"