BOYCOTTED

Trust me that question was very annoying then, but there was almost nothing I could do, as being girly was almost part of me. No, my case isn't that of practice make perfect, I didn't practice it. It was part of me, I guess I was born that way. Besides I was told I grew up in females baby clothes, thanks to a prenatal Scan, that showed I was Female, Joyous Daddy and relatives had bought a pack load of baby's girl clothes Only for Julius to arrive with a Penis, funny right? I guess it would be more fun if I still had pictures of little Julius in Princesses wears. I think that enough to change my sexuality if I wasn't born different.
   Growing up, this got little complicated, though I grew in Barracks, I had no experience of the barrack boy life, not like I didn't want any of it, I infact wanted it more than anyone else, I tried reading Comics, watching wrestling or movies and even martial arts, all to know avail. Even though, I had persuaded My dad to enrol me in the Karate school, mostly because all the so called Normal guys were enrolled too I'd go back home pretty swollen, My mom was quite uncomfortable with that cause she had to massage and tender my wounds most times, some how she had me stopped. To be frank, it didn't seem to help a bit then, except recently, cause I find my punches very stiff of recent. Sitting at home all day long I realised I wasn't getting Man enough, so I opted for football, I was really enthusiastic about it, but can I play? Yeah I could. I'd dribbled one of the supposed top players on field, gave an astonishing pass and boom the ball was in the net, I think some tagged it :
    ‘A creative assist!’
     Truth be told, it was one of those lucky and 'one-time' thing, that day which was actually my first day at the field was actually the last time I played, No no, I didn't quit, like I said I was enthusiastic about football. After the 'creative pass' I was told I played like one whose feet were tied together, Yes the pass was actually a one-time thing. Funny enough my team mates about six of them, excluding I, grew upset suddenly, the same guys who cheered me six minutes ago. I played worse and some one from the opponent team suggested.
   ‘Abeg make una sub Julius!’
   ‘Why?’ Our goalkeeper asked.
   ‘You no see as the guy dey play? He wan break my leg.’
It was funny, until someone tipped me.
    “See ehn, just dey hit their legs, do am with sense sha”
Cool right?, After all I was atleast useful to my teammates that day, but sooner it was rather obvious and a player from the opposing team grabbed the ball from the air and said to me
“Guy, comot from this field.”
Yeah I was pretty much surprised as you are, I mean, I didn't know much about football but, that? No! It's definitely not allowed. The whole scene had raised a lot of argument.
  ‘Guy wetin that one mean na?’ a teammate asked.
  ‘Isn't it obvious enough what this guy is doing?’ the guy, with the ball, though smallish said in disgust.
  ‘Guy na because na you get the ball?’  someone from our very few spectators asked.
   ‘No now, guy at least let's be sincere to ourselves for once, this guy is not playing balls his playing our legs.’
    ‘I'm sorry, I'll be more careful’
   “E don do make una pass the ball continue abeg, set dey outside dey wait.”
    “Julius, just come back to defense.” Mark, my team's Midfield said as he pushed be backwards towards the goalpost.
    ‘Okay what I'm I supposed to do here’
    ‘Defend me! I'm joking, just shoot the ball out if it Approaches you. ’ the Goal keeper replied as he chuckled.
    ‘Out, like outside the Field?’ I asked numbed.
    “No, just towards the opponent's goal post.”

   Honestly, Football is sweet, yes! I mean, when you're playing, if you're watching it's less interesting, yeah I know that feeling very well. I lived my whole life spectating Matches, not on TV, though, I find that boring and time consuming. Maybe defense wasn't my thing or I just suck at Football, either ways, I made it quite clear to everyone on that Field I was that bad. I was ashamed to go back to the field so I delayed for a week hoping all would be forgotten. Later that week, I dressed in my new Jersey it was the Chelsea's. I actually Forced my mom to get it and took my school's White Canvas heading towards the Field as I thought.
  ‘Atleast if my play isn't attractive enough, my outfit should.’
  I'd gotten there really early, even before the ball boy brought his ball, I felt consoled. Little did I know, that corruption existed even in Local football.
    As usual once the ball is at the field, we'd form three teams consisting a maximum of Nine players, excluding the goalkeeper, cause we usually had just two keepers who are fixed irrespective of the teams so we were twenty nine in number after the keepers had volunteered, but twenty seven Players we're needed, Who's not gonna play? Me? Why? Because I messed up the other day?
      Well, too bad for you I was gonna play, I was just doing the maths in my head, maybe cause I was insecure when Austin said.
  ‘Guys I'm not playing o.’ He'd sustained an injury yesterday when he was playing, though I didn't know how it happened I was just happy one man was down, so one more to go.
   ‘Me too o. I just came to watch, I go soon go church.’
     Yes, it's two men down. I guess I was really lucky.

  No! We didn't just divide ourselves into three groups, you'd agree with me that that'll be a lot of injustice and stuffs where you'd have too good a player choked in a team and my likes in another. So we had this strategy, where three guys would choose their players one after the other.
The First call, second call and Third call or as the case may be.
So we'd line up, first call chooses, then second and the third then first again and that's one it's goes round and round until each team is complete. Yes, the good players are actually called first :
   A quick sample
  We have Messi, Ronaldo and Ibrahimovic ( in no particular order) and each of them were to be chosen, All three together in a team to play against a team with Not too top-notch players, the results won't be far-fetched and besides it would be an easy win, less competitive with little or no threats to the high ranked. So, instead we'd have the first call choose, it's natural and humane to choose the best available except they're other strings attached, Maybe friendship or bribe. Either ways the team would bare the rewards or consequences alone. If first call chooses Ibrahimovic as it's best, second chooses theirs and third does, and that how it's goes.
   I didn't expect to be called first, it was obvious how bad a player I was. I didn't brag, beg or struggled like others did. I guess they didn't do the Maths to know that we'd all play, It was certain I'd play but I wasn't sure which team but thanks to the sharing technique each team would have a little of everything, so the team didn't really matter, I just had to play.
    Sooner than expected each team had chosen about eight players each, All three of us left behind were the not so good players, not surprising, amongst the three I was the worst. So the first chose the second was about to choose when a guy who had be chosen already for the Second team tapped him and whispered in his ears, suddenly his eyes rose up, looking elsewhere then he asked loudly.
‘Daniel you go play?’
Daniel, 'May his soul rest in peace' was a very good baller was just approaching the field and he was asked in, well I guess that what expertise offers you.
   “Yeah” He answered happily taking of his shirt.
It wasn't disappointing to me until the Third call choose the other guy I was left with. Just know I quit football that day.