Chapter 3

Kaname sat outside this time, under a familiar shady tree.

He needs to remember.

At first, he didn't mind not knowing his past. Who needs to know about the past when you could look forward to the future?

But then, it got him thinking, when he joked about Ai being related to him.

Did he have any friends? Did he have any family?

Did he have someone he loved? Someone he had cherished?

A pang hit his heart as soon as that thought appeared. He could feel something, deep in his chest.

A flash came by, of a girl with long brown hair, soft eyes, a cheerful smile. 'Like rays of sunshine...'

His eyes widen, a grunt of pain coming from him as he bent forward with his hands on his head. His head was pounding!

What was wrong with him?

He stood up, noticing the lowering sun. As he did, he noticed red in the corner of his eye.

He looks to his left, just in time to see a flash of long red hair and a female figure in the night class uniform. 'Akane...'

She was heading to the headmaster's office. Surprisingly, no one had saw her, although this was a quiet spot.

Kaname stood up, dusting off his black uniform. He narrows his wine red eyes, before slowly walking in the same direction as the girl who haunted his dreams.

"Lord Kaname!~"

He felt arms wrap around his waist tightly, almost suffocating him. His eyes wide as dinner plates, they turn to the smaller figure with dark strawberry blonde hair.

"M-Ms Aido!", he wheezed out, short of breathe as the night class student squeezed him ever so tightly. "W-What-"

She let him go, roughly spinning him around, a bright smile on her face, "Now, now. You can call me Akarui~"

He chuckled, a bit out of breath, "Then you need to stop calling me Lord Kaname"

She smirks, her bright, icy blue orbs piercing into his, "Hmm~ how about no?"

He laughs, ruffling her short, neck length hair, "I don't think you're supposed to be out here"

Akarui sighs dramatically, the back of her right hand laid on her forehead, "well, my lovely mistress, Lady Bloodriver, has walked off to talk to the headmaster", she prances on her toes, bouncing next to him cheerfully, "I was suppose to come with her, but I lost her and I saw you, sooo~", she lays her head on his shoulder, nuzzling it. "I decided to visit you instead!"

He shakes his head, a small smile coming onto his face, 'Akarui, such a kind soul...'

She was one of the first people Kaname talked to, alongside Ai, Ren, Neko and the headmaster. Akarui Aido was very beautiful, being one of the most popular girls in the academy.

'She seems so familiar... it's not the feeling of knowing her though... it was the feeling of... knowing someone like her'

"You seem to be out of it today, Lord Kaname"

'Lord Kaname!'

He felt another headache hit him harshly, the flash of another voice, more boyish and proud, echoing in his head. 'Who... was that?'

"Uh, Kaname? I'm serious this time", a feminine worried voice called out, a hand on his shoulder as he bent over in pain. "Are you okay?"

He opened his eyes, which had been squinting in pain. He looked at Akarui, who had a concerned look on her face.

'Aido...', a blonde, boy replaced her for a millisecond, with eyes that matched her. 'Why...'

"Aido", a stronger, more stern voice called out, this time to the night class student next to him. He felt Akarui tense up. "What happened?"

"L-Lady Akane!", he felt his face become hotter, sweat building up in his eyebrow, "I-I don't know! I just-"

"Save it", another pair of hands, slender but petite, lay open his shoulders. "Kaname..."

'Her voice...', Kuran looks up, from kneeling on the floor, not realising how he got there in the first place. He makes eye contact with a pair of unnaturally bright red orbs. 'Akane...'

She didn't smile, but she didn't frown. She didn't say anything as she helped him up from the floor, putting an arm under his own and easily lifting him.

He could feel the pain, much stronger now as he laid his head into her shoulder, inhaling her scent for the very first time.

'She smells like winter... with a hint of lavender and honey...', he smiled, the pain numbing just slightly as he felt his other arm being held, another pair of hands helping him.

The last thing he thought of, was the thought of Akane knowing his name, and he didn't even tell her.