Seventeen

"Iseul."

"Yixing oppa, how are you doing?" I asked as I pressed the phone over my ear and looked out of the window. "To be honest, I have always looked up to you and wanted to talk to you about everything that has been going on."

"It's nothing like what's coming next, Iseul." A sigh escaped his lips. "There are some things that are out of your control, but there will be things which are in your control yet you won't be able to stop it from happening."

"Huh?" At first I didn't understand his words but as this conversation proceeded, I closed my eyes and agreed to him. We talked about many things, importantly, kpop standards and how things could get ugly in some ways. I would have kept talking to him if my manager hadn't knocked the door to ask me the shot was ready. "I'll talk to you later. Thank you, oppa."

"Anytime, Iseul"

"Okay, so we're going to play random. I'll say something, and you'll say the first thing that comes in your mind."

I straightened up, and nodded. It was another reality show I was guesting today despite being tired of my schedules. I wanted to rest after that scandal, but since our popularity was going up day by day, company wanted to show more of us.

"Hollywood crush."

"Enrique sunbae." I replied.

"First childhood dream."

"To become a teacher."

"Politics."

"Smart work."

"Fab4"

"Eternal love."

"Colors."

"My supporters."

"Korean Celebrity crush."

"Z Hera unnie." I replied, and everyone looked at me, surprised. "She's a singer and an actress, and I actually like her a lot."

"We expected you to name a male celebrity." the host said.

"No one specified!" I exclaimed, and everyone burst into laughing. "I thought I could name anyone." I said with a smile.

"Did you see Hera personally?" the host asked, and I shook my head. "Wait! Mama 2016, she was hosting it."

"Neh." I nodded. "But, I was busy with my group performance, and couldn't see her personally." I told them. "I actually became her fan way back when she released 'peacock' song."

"Yeah. It was quite a hit." he agreed.

"And then after watching her drama Scarlet  heart, I admired her more. She is an all rounder woman." I said. "And now her drama school 2017 came out. She has done an outstanding job there too."

"Wah! She is totally fangirling over Z. Hera." the host said, and I laughed along them.

"What is your views on women nowadays since everyone is talking about women empowerment, and Feminism."

I nodded. "I personally don't think I'm an adequate person to comment on this thing because after reading so many articles, I think I have become confused about the word itself. Each of us take the word 'Feminism' differently." I smiled. "For me, I think empowerment should be there for every human being. Before a woman, I'm a human, and things like education and support is needed by everyone. Whether you're a man or a woman."

"That's quite a new answer."

I chuckled. "Neh. Also, I think that woman needs to strengthen up. I mean right now everyone is talking about the issues, and offering different services and laws to women, and still they aren't coming forward. These laws and statements won't make any difference if they are not willing to come forward."