Learning Love - Violet

Anime: Violet Evergarden

Trigger Warmings: Gore-ish/Slight Blood Description, War/War Flashbacks

(Violet Evergarden x Paralyzed Reader)

(Violet will be around 17-19 here)

Happy Ending

Inspired by: [ SheScribes ]
———
(Y/n) POV
———

A charming Blackbird lands on my windowsill. It caws at me making me frown slightly but sigh.

I stare down at the white sheets that adorn my covered legs.

Looking back at the Blackbird, I smile. "I suppose... you're only doing your job, isn't that right? Little Blackbird." It caws at me before taking off into flight once again.

(Look up what a Blackbird represents if you don't understand)

The calm breeze that flows outside makes its way into my room and gives me a gentle feeling of peace. I shut my eyes and smile into the sensation.

I glance over at these door before looking back at my open window.

Outside I see a field of grass and flowers, a few trees that litter the field stray in the wind. Birds, insects, and other small creatures can be seen wandering around in the luscious greenery.

I hum into the air, content despite my outward appearance.

I lift my right arm and place my elbow onto the wooden windowsill, opening my hand I set my chin safely into my palm.

The wind's breeze blows again, tickling my nose and cheeks as it reaches me. I can't contain a few small giggles from leaving my mouth.

Once fully relaxed, I take my arm and hand back, and place my arm into my lap. I use my hand to fiddle with the white sheets, a small nervousness creeping up onto the back of my neck.

I reach over and grab the golden bell next to me on my nightstand. I ring the bell and gently set it back on the wooden nightstand.

A bit bored, I stare at what lays on the nightstand.

A small lamp, the golden bell, a half filled cup of water, and some pills. I turn my head away from the pitiful sight and look back at the fresh nature.

The door suddenly opens, however, I don't look at it. "How may I help you (Y/n)?" A soft voice calls from the door.

I turn my head finally to look at the girl.

"I wish to rent an Auto Memory Doll."

She gives a curt nod. "And will that be all?" She asks. I nod. "Yes, thank you."

She nods once again before opening the door. She stops before the door fully shuts and pokes her head out. "Lunch will be soon." She then leaves.

I hum and turn back around to my window.

Another breeze flows by, this one a bit stronger than the ones before it.

It causes a few of my hairs to fall astray and hit me in the face. I contain a giggle and raise my hand to move my hair back to my ear.

I smile as I hold the hairs in place as the wind goes by. It slowly calms down, allowing me to let my hand fall.

Sighing happily, my tone switches to one of slight sadness as I look down at myself. I smile sadly.

My left arm, is gone. My two legs, are paralyzed. I cannot move, nor can I leave this room.

My immune system is quite weak so I can't do most things with other people, including going outside.