When fates clash, sparks fly

"Jhilmil sitaron ka aangan hoga,
Rimjhim barasta saawan hoga.."

______

Khwahish

Billions of tiny sparkling lights adorn the velvet blanket of an endless horizon. Cool breeze plays catch with my brushed hair, blowing it onto my face every time I tuck the dark wavy strands behind my ears. A soft melody plays indoors, where my elders have assembled to seal the fate of my forever single life.

As I take impatient steps towards the mystical silhouette waiting to meet me in the garden, my mind swirls with millions of possibilities this arranged meeting could hold. Would this be the guy I'd spend my whole life with? Would he be the perfect one? Would we hit it off instantly? Would we be friends first and then grow into something special?

Too many thoughts.
Too many questions.
Too little patience.
Too little time.

How would I possibly know he's my one and only in just a few minutes of our first meeting? Well, there's just one way to find out.

"Hey Armaan, nice to meet you!"

Too cheerful, too loud, too excited. Yep, that's me at our first meeting. Shouldn't I be nervous?

"Hey Khwahish, pleasure to finally meet you too!"

His deep voice whispers my name like a caress, as his silhouette walks out of the shadows towards me. My heart starts thumping with anticipation, as every step he takes brings him into the silvery trail of the moonlit track that my feet are glued on.

When he finally reaches next to me, and his artistically carved face, beautiful long eyelashes and enchanting onyx eyes are finally lit up by the moonlight, I feel every ounce of oxygen leave my lungs as my breath is unmistakably taken away!

It should be illegal for someone to look so handsome on a first meeting.

The breeze plays with his soft, black hair, as his ocean deep, onyx eyes dance in the silver moonlight. His pink, full lips curve into a heart stopping smile as he holds out a hand for me.

"Let's have a seat, shall we?," his deep, honey dipped voice strums the cords of my heart. He points towards the swings in the farther corner of the garden and I find myself smiling and nodding instantly.

I take his hand in mine, and instantly feel tingles erupting from the first skin to skin contact with this handsome man, who could possibly become my man if everything goes well. The possibility of holding his hand every day for the rest of my life sends excited shivers down my spine.

I bring my hand back to myself and we begin walking towards the swings in silence, which is broken only by the thumping of my excited heart, the crumpling of dried leaves under our feet, and the whistling winds. I steal a good look at him and take in his appearance. He is an averagely tall guy, towering just a few inches above me, his lean, yet muscular body hidden by his white dress shirt and black fitted trousers. Black leather shoes, with plain black belt around his waist, a sleek metallic black watch on his wrist and no flashy jewellery, just a plain gold band on the index finger of his left hand.

Classy, simple yet elegant. Just the way I like.

He abruptly stops and turns his attention to me, catching me admiring him. My cheeks immediately heat up and I expect him to say something to make me feel awkward or embarrassed, but to my surprise, he doesn't.

Instead he flashes me a sweet smile and tucks a stray lock of hair behind my ear. A simple brush of his fingers against my cheek, makes me lean into his hand and I feel sparks from the skin ignited by touch.