Heartbeat

"Abhi toh kuchh kaha nahi,
Abhi toh kuchh suna nahi..
Abhi naa jao chhod kar,
Ke dil abhi bhara nahi..."

________

Armaan

"You look beautiful," I whisper in her ear as she settles down in the passenger seat of my car.

She blushes a crimson hue, that makes the red of her dress look pale in front of her cheeks.

How can somebody be so effortlessly beautiful?

Ever since I saw her that night, that divine face illuminated by the silvery moonlight, those ocean deep black eyes looking at me with pure admiration and those feather soft pink lips parted in awe, I couldn't take my eyes off her.

She is like a breath of fresh air in my deserted life. A beautiful lily in my flowerless garden. An ailment to my scraped heart.

She is a magnet, and I am a stray piece of rusted iron.

I am insanely attracted to her. I feel an inexplicable pull towards her, the kind I have never felt before.

Every time she stole a look at me that night, every time she smiled to herself blushing like a budding rose, every time her hands brushed against mine, my heartbeat went over the roof. I felt like I ran a marathon, and my heart would explode any moment with the overwork it was subjected to. But then she spoke. And my heartbeat instantly soothed and I felt a strange calmness engulf me. Her voice tranquilled my soul, her words were a lullaby that put my worries and nervousness to sleep.

It's insane, this magic she has on me. It's a connection that words can't describe perfectly. It's a bond beyond my understanding. Is it normal to crave her non-stop, twenty four seven, even if we just met once?

If you'd have asked me before I met her, about agreeing to an arranged marriage, my answer would have been a no. Or perhaps a maybe, but, definitely after getting to know the girl well, after dating her and finding out if we are compatible. Not after spending some thirty minutes in silence with a beautiful stranger, who strangely doesn't seem like a stranger at all.

So here I am, taking her out on a date, not because I feel I need to, but because she wants to get to know me. I am perfectly okay with marrying her tomorrow if she agrees to it. Yes, I am hopeless, it is totally unbelievable.

I just don't understand, how did all my logic jump out of the window at the sight of her? How did she change me without even knowing who the hell I am? I am not complaining though, she is the best thing that could have happened to me.

I sigh and shut down my overthinking brain, as I check the rear seat before settling down on the driver seat.

Apparently, it's frowned upon to take your bride-to-be on a date alone, before getting engaged or married. So, Alfaaz is accompanying us to our first date.

Hilarious, I know.

But, I have ways to take care of this too.

"Alfaaz, meet Khwahish...," I decide to formally introduce them, even though he is just a three year old adorable kid.

"Khwahish, this is my little darling nephew, Alfaaz. He has been going on non-stop about meeting you since morning," I tell her and she immediately turns around to see Alfaaz.

But Alfaaz being the shy kid he is, hides behind her seat instead.

She giggles at his antics, the sweet sound playing like a symphony in my ears.