Be mine, forever?

"Do jahan ki aaj khushiyan, Ho gyi haasil mujhe,
Aap ki nazron ne samjha, Pyaar ke kaabil mujhe..."

___________

Khwahish

My heart is thumping in my chest so loudly, I am unable to comprehend which song is blaring over the speakers inside the party hall.

I suck in a deep breath and prepare myself for the beginning of the most beautiful phase of my life. With every step I take towards the entrance, my nerves go haywire and my stomach twists with the swirling butterflies inside it. My sister, Tamanna, is by my side at all times, helping me straighten my dress as I walk, murmuring words of encouragement in my ears every few moments.

As soon as I step inside the hall, everybody pauses whatever they were doing, to turn and look at me with smiles and awe-filled eyes.

But, I have eyes for only one person, my one and only, waiting patiently behind the crowd of happy, excited relatives, on the slightly raised platform.

Like a true prince charming looking at his princess, Armaan stands confidently, his handsome face looking more handsome than ever, his soft black hair curled backwards, his navy blue ethnic suit hugging his muscles torso perfectly, and his heart stopping smile gracing his heavenly appearance. As always, he is dressed simple and classy, in the suit we bought together, matching with my ethnic skirt and crop top.

His sparkling eyes lazily roam over me, taking in my appearance from head to toe, with appreciation written across his handsome face

His sparkling eyes lazily roam over me, taking in my appearance from head to toe, with appreciation written across his handsome face. His smile is unfaltering and calm, strangely calming my overdriven nerves too, and making the rest of the world disappear momentarily.

With every step I take towards him, his eyes dance with joy as they stay transfixed on me, oozing with affection and awe.

When I finally step next to the raised platform, Armaan holds out his hand for me to take. An unannounced wave of warmth washes over my cheeks as my heightened senses repeatedly remind me of the hundreds of guest at the party and clicks of multiple cameras that are observing my every move.