Going live! - Kailor

*hello friends, I'm back at it again :) - so basically Kai and Nya are on a reality talk show with none other than Gale Gossip* I was super pumped to write this chapter bc I came up this idea ages ago.

"Hello everybody and welcome to 'Gale's Gossip' with none other than, Gale Gossip!"

Kai's POV:

"Nya, please can we NOT do this?" I beg my sister and we stand on set. I HATE talk shows, it's always the same questions, same answers. It's BORING.
Nya is just too bubbly to get annoyed about it. I swear Jay is rubbing off on her because she hasn't stopped talking about tonight for weeks! I have no clue why, she normally hates talk shows more than I do.

"Kai, I mean it, you have got to be less grouchy. Stand up straight." She sorts out my collar and wipes something off my face. "There, all good to go," she says.
I thought I was the older sibling.

"Introducing the superior duo; the polar opposites helping protect Ninjago; it's Kai and Nya Smith!"

Cheers erupt from the crowd as we walk on the stage and sit on the red couch opposite Gale. Oh dear, let the invasive questions begin...

Nya's POV:

We've been through this enough times to know the drill. She'll ask us something 'quirky' yet dumb, just to ease us and the audience into the weird questions.

"Is a hot-dog a sandwich?"

"I mean, I guess it could be..." I reply. "Theyre both food thingies with stuff squashed between bread!" Technically it is.

"Nya, I am disappointed in you." OMFSM here we go again - Kai will talk for hours on these talk shows, and often ends up spilling more than he'd want to... "It's not a sandwich because the bread is different. Is a burger a sandwich? NO! because the bread is round and has dome-ish rise on it. You're not gonna call a Big Mac a 'beef and cheese sandwich' are you. A hotdog is exactly the same - I could literally make the two and show you the difference!"

"Don't get him to cook. He'll burn the studio down." I nonchalantly respond.

Gale Gossip smiles a bit too widely and says, "Well personally I think it probably could be argued that it could be a sandwich..." sending Kai into overdrive. The poor soul is trying to explain his point, but he just can't handle that amount of words in a certain speed like Jay can. (I head canon that he is like the Eminem of the team and rap along to all his songs with ease) Anyways, once Kai calms down, Gale restarts the conversation.
"So Nya? How do you get Kai to calm down when you're at home?" she says as the audience erupt into laughter. "Oh it's simple really. We just get Skylor to come over." Kai will do anything she says to be honest.
"And who is Skylor?" Gale responds with a smirk on her face. Shit. Kai's gonna kill me... Skylor's gonna kill me... Meh well, it's done now - why not have a little fun
"She's a girl," I grin, turning to my shocked yet flustered brother, "isn't she Kai?" He's gone all red now. This is priceless. If we weren't on live television he would've strangled me by now.

Kai's POV:

If we weren't on live television I would've strangled her by now. What the hell Nya?!!
"Uh, Skylor is a very good friend of mine," I say, hoping that they'll drop it.
Nope.
"Ooooh look! He's gone redder than his gi!" I bury my face in my hands to try and hide my gorgeous face. I can feel the heat rising to my cheeks as I do.
They aren't going to stop.
The rest of the show went past as an embarrassing blur. Me and Nya left the studio with 'Gale's Gossip' hoodies. Yeah, that happened.

—— A Few Days Later——
The sweltering sun tickles my skin during sunrise exercise this morning. Tuesdays suck. Everyone else has gone inside for breakfast, but I decided to stay out and feel the sun, and get more in touch with my element. Everything was so calm... for a bit.