Chapter 12

Rhys:

So much had happened in the last 20 minutes. Celena knew Jude, and Jude had died!? Jude had called Celena, Aelin just like Amren had did 2 days ago. She was hiding a lot of information from us and secrets can make people dangerous.

"Celena, what is going on?" I snarled. "And I want the full truth, not the lies you have been feeding us for the last couple of days."

Fenrys snarled right back, " She will tell you how much she wants to, it's not like we know your entire history."

She gave me a sad smile which made me feel very guilty about yelling at her. I could tell she didn't want to lie anymore. Her lies were a burden on her shoulders, cauldron knows what else she's expected to do. I dipped my head to urge her to continue.

" I haven't been completely honest with you all, but I haven't exactly lied either. First of all my name is not Celena Sardothein but Aelin Ashryver Whitethorn Galathynius and I am the Queen of Terresan or at least I am supposed to be."

"That's a long name for a queen." Cassian snorted. Mor glared at him before slapping his head from behind.

Before anyone could question her further, there was a blinding light and revealed Aelin with elongated canines and pointy ears. Her cheekbones were sharper, her blond hair and blue eyes seemed to glow brighter with life. She was fae! " I guess you should know the full truth now."

In a split second Mor spit out her wine all over her dress and carpet, "What! How?"

She smirked, "In my world, all fae have two forms, most demi-fae do too." She answered. Fenrys can shift into a wolf while I can shift into my human form." Another flash of light revealed a giant white wolf sprawled on the floor causing Cassian to stubble back into Azriel's arms.

"You knew?!" Cassian asked, straightening his clothes and looking at Amren.

"Of course I knew, That's how I knew there was no way you would win that fight against her" She smirked.

"What do you mean you were supposed to be queen and how do you know Jude?" Az asked.

She took a deep breath and started," 11 years ago, Adarlan took over the continent and killed my court and family but I managed to escape and was found half-dead by the King of Assassins. I was trained to be the best assassin, but Arobyn's techniques were brutal and he only cared about the power and money that he profited off of me. So me and a friend decided to pay off our debts and move as far as possible from him." She hesitated to continue but Jude ensured her, "they would never hurt an innocent", she took a shaky breath and continued. " Arobyn doesn't like to share his possessions and had my boyf... I mean a friend was tortured and murdered and had me sent to a slave camp after I tried to get revenge for his death. A year later I was freed by the Crown Prince and asked to participate in a competition to become the King's champion. That was where I met Nehemia, she was there from Eywelle to learn about their culture and language." She smiled softly looking like she was remembering the simpler times of her life. " Anyways a couple of months after I won the competition, Nehemia or Jude as you call her, faked her death to push me in the directions the gods wanted me to go." she finished.

We were all silent absorbing the details of the traumatic story she had told us before Mor started, " I'm sorry, but that doesn't explain why you showed up at our doorsteps half dead."

This time Fenrys answered, "That would be my fault, I know Aelin told you we don't know how we ended here, but we do. I had to create a portal here to get away from Maeve, Aelin's aunt. She's the one that was torturing Aelin for information. She had kidnapped her after a battle on sea and was torturing her for the last two months. She wanted to know where the wyrdkeys are and wasn't going to let me give her life to forge to lock. That was the only way to get the valg out of our world but she wanted the power for herself and before you ask, we don't know how to control where the portal leads us. That's why we ended here and not in Terresan. "

Aelin whispered under her breath," What she didn't know was, I would never do that to Rowan, not again."

"Who's Rowan?" I asked.

Her body went stiff as she had unknowingly had given up information, " He's a .... a friend." she answered. Fenrys put his hand on her back to comfort her.

Rowan was someone close to her, maybe he was her husband or mate. If Maeve had been torturing Aelin for a month, maybe Rowan would be looking for her. I could tell she had held back information but what she told us would be enough for now. "Alright, now that's out of the way let's eat."

"Oh thank the cauldron! I'm starving." Cassian example taking a seat at the table.

Just as Aelin sat down as well Owen was at the door, his eyes puffy and red. Nehemia quickly got up and went to meet her husband but his eyes never left Aelin while she was whispering to Fenrys about something.

"What happened Owen? Are you okay?" Nehemia asked her words laced with fear and nervousness as she noticed Owen's face but he was still staring at Aelin as he dropped the book he was holding to the ground.

With that Aelin finally looked to see who was at the door and froze. "Sam?" She whispered tears falling from her eyes once again "You're alive too?"

He ignored her and asked, "You went to Endovier because of me?"

Nehemia was looking back and forth from Sam and Aelin, and gasped, "This is Sam?!" She asked. 

Quick Question: Do you guys know any good Throne of Glass fanfictions about Aedion meeting Aelin while she was still the King's Champion?  

Let me know what you think and thanks for reading!