Route 4 Training

'Archer, are we there yet?' Ash moaned, as he trudged along the paths of Route 4.

'We're nearly there.' Archer said. 'In the meantime, want to level up your Pokemon by battling those rookies on the route?'

'Sure! Then, I can beat the Cerulean Gym Leader no sweat!' Ash said. 'But do I need to steal their Pokemon?'

Archer nodded. 'Now, Ash, go and fight those trainers!'

'Alright!' Ash said, rushing over to one of the trainers. 'Hey, I challenge you to a one on one Pokemon Battle!'

'Alright!' The trainer said. 'I'm Oberon, and I'm gonna crush you! Let's go Meowth!'

'Come on, Monferno!' Ash said, sending out his loyal fire monkey.

'Ferno!' Monferno said, as he prepared to strike.

'Meowth, Fury Swipes!' Oberon said.

'Monferno, Mach Punch while ducking under the Fury Swipes!' Ash commanded.

'Meowth!' Meowth meowed, as she slashed furiously at Monferno.

Monferno's fist glowed blue, as he ducked under Meowth's attack and hit Meowth hard.

'Meowth! Use Pay Day!' Oberon ordered, as his Pokemon started throwing gold at Monferno.

'Finish it with another Mach Punch!' Ash said, throwing his fist out.

'Mon-fer-nooooo!' Monferno roared, as he quickly rushed at Oberon's Meowth, fainting it.

'Grr... Meowth, return.' Oberon said, begrudgingly handing Ash some PokeDollars and the TM for Fury Swipes.

'Monferno, good job. Return.' Ash said, withdrawing his Pokemon from the battlefield. Ash took the items from Oberon, secretly sending out Venipede.

Venipede secretly crawled up Oberon's leg, and took Meowth's Pokeball as well as the other Pokeballs on Oberon's Pokebelt swiftly, before returning to Ash's side.

'Bye!' Ash said, as he walked away happily to Archer.

'So, you beat him, right?' Archer asked, and Ash nodded happily.

'Here are his Pokeballs.' Ash said.

'Alright, let me scan them.' Archer said, taking out his Pokedex. 'There's a Nidoran-M, a Magikarp, a Meowth, and a Golduck.'

'Did I do a good job?' Ash asked.

'Yeah, you did.' Archer said. 'Now, why don't you go battle some of the other trainers for now.'

'Sure!' Ash said, as he walked happily to the next trainer.

🔥

Archer's phone buzzed, as the Team Rocket Executive looked at Ash from the distance. 'What? The Boss wants me to do another mission?'

Archer clicked the call button, as he called the Rocket boss.

'Hey, Giovanni.' Archer said. 'Are you sure you want me to do that mission?'

'Yes.' Giovanni said. 'Proton and Petrel are not capable of doing this. My s- no, Ash's progress has been steady, and I believe he can take care of himself. All you need to do is tell him to report weekly.'

'Alright. But make sure you deliver his Pokemon to him first. I'll head to Viridian after his Cerulean Gym Battle.' Archer said.

'He's already in the Cerulean City Gym? Well, his soon to be new Pokemon will be very useful to him against Surge.' Giovanni said. 'I'm sending Domino to Cerulean City soon to give Ash his Pokemon and ensure that you head to Viridian right away.'