Chapter Eight: Broeche's Antiques

"Here's your computer, bye Dr. Foley!" I exclaimed, practically throwing the laptop onto his desk. "Hey, wait, wait, wait!!!" He yelled. I immediately stopped, turning to him with anxiety. I had some answers. Some. "Where are you going?" I sighed, catching my breath as I began to speak, "Broeche's Antiques, sir. It's not even a block from here. I'll be back in time. I'll go see Nica after." I was about to head out, when he interrupted, "Why do you need to go to an antique store?" I paused. I had to come up with a good lie. He'll think I'm just like the others if I tell the truth. "Just to look. I'm curious." Dr. Foley nodded, though I could still see the suspicion that plastered his wrinkled face. "Bye, Sir."

Once I arrived, I quickly stormed into the store and went to the cashier. "Hi, miss. What can I do?" I smiled at the man's genuine kindness. "I'm looking for an old doll. It goes by the name of Glen. Can you help me find it?" The man's smile fell. I could tell he was nervous, but I couldn't figure out why. "Yeah, it's right here." He quickly handed me the doll, as if he was glad to have it out of his sight. I went to the front door, ready to go out, but I decided to thank him. "Thank you, Mr...." I trailed off, looking at his name tag. I smiled once I read it. "Thank you, Mr. Barclay."