Ch. 12: Unexpected Confession

I quickly turn to leave before I'm caught when I suddenly feel a firm grip on my wrist. I freeze, then I look up to see Bomin looking at me sternly.

Oh, shoot!

I start to panic, thinking he might get mad at me next, but instead, he looks away from me and starts dragging me out of the place without a single word. The next thing I know, we're in the most desolate part of the school during lunch break: our classroom.

Once we're inside, he let's go of my wrist then walks towards the windows. I watch him, feeling confused.

Why did he bring me here?

I'm still looking at Bomin with a confused look as I walk towards him. He still won't turn to me, and I sigh as I go to a window beside the one he's looking out of, and lean forward with my arms on the windowsill.

"Aren't you gonna ask me something?"

My eyes widen and I turn to Bomin. His expression is calm as he looks out. I've never seen him like this. I look away from him outside the window. "W-well..."

Suddenly, Bomin laughs as he turns to me. "So you're shy towards me now?"

I start to feel annoyed as I turn to him with an accusing look. "Yah! Why did you even bring me here anyway?! You were avoiding me just a while ago, but suddenly, you're dragging me along with you again just like usual!"

"Look who's talking. Weren't you spying on me just a while ago?"

My eyes widen and Bomin smirks as he looks away for a second, then looks back at me.

"Aren't you gonna ask why I stopped you in the hallway this morning?"

"I-I was just going to ask you that," I tell him, still trying to maintain the confidence in my voice. "Why did you do that anyway?"

I look at Bomin accusingly, but he just smiles at me. I'm taken aback by how sweet and gentle his smile is, once again, but what he does next surprises me even more.

Suddenly, Bomin moves away from the windowsill and takes a step towards me, closing the distance between us. My eyes widen, but I can't even move away from him as my feet are frozen.

"W-what do you think you're doing?" I ask him, my confidence falling. He's still smiling innocently as he looks down at me.

"I lied. You're pretty even with your glasses."

My eyes widen even more and Bomin's smile brightens even more as he steps back. "Y-yah... what's wrong with you?" I ask him, my voice a bit shaky.

Suddenly, Bomin laughs loudly, seemingly going back to normal. "So where'd your confident side go?"

I become annoyed again and I glare at Bomin before turning away from him. "I'm leaving." I then walk out of the classroom, not even realizing that I didn't get answers to any of my questions until I'm back in the cafeteria.

"Y/N! Where were you?!" Daehwi asks me as I approach the table. I try my best to look like nothing at all happened as I approach them.

"Oh, nothing. I just went back to the classroom," I tell them with a smile, "I thought I forgot my phone on my desk. Turns out it was in my pocket all along."

"Good you found it," Beomgyu says with a smile just as sweet as the one Bomin had on his face a while ago when he stepped back.

Aish! Why am I still thinking of him?!

Meanwhile, Daehwi smirks and a laugh escapes him as he turns away from me. I shoot him a glare and he just laughs as he turns to me. "I though you might just improve a bit, but turns out your forgetfulness just reached a new level."