Ch. 17: Promise

...

Daehwi's POV

"It's CONFIRMED! Im Y/N and Choi Bomin are dating! They have been seen in the classroom of Class 3-1 together and clear photos of them have been taken by an anonymous source."

My eyes widen even more and is soon replaced by a disbelieving look as I look at the photos below the post. Y/N and Bomin are kissing, and I feel a knot in my heart as I confirm that it's actually Y/N.

This can't be real. Y/N would never be too reckless to do something like this. Why...

I quickly pull my blankets away and get out of my bed, grabbing my jacket and placing my phone in the pocket as I run out of my room and out of the house.

I have to confirm this first! I have to hear from Y/N herself if this is true!

I step out of the gate of my house then stand outside the gate of Y/N's house, waiting for her to come home. Shortly after, I suddenly feel pain again in my head and I place my hand on my head as I groan in pain.

"Daehwi?"

My eyes widen and I turn to the source of the voice to see Y/N looking at me with wide eyes. Suddenly, my heart starts beating quickly and I feel a smile form on my face as I turn to her, my headache suddenly disappearing.

"Daehwi!" she shouts before running towards me. "What happened to you? You never even texted me or anything about why you would be absent today!"

I smile even more when she reaches me. "Sorry about that. I caught a cold yesterday and I didn't have the energy to text you."

Y/N's eyes widen, then she suddenly starts apologizing. My eyes widen as well as she does this, and a gentle smile forms on my face as I place my hand on her shoulder. She looks up at me, and my smile brightens. "It's okay. Aftrr all, I did promise I'd take care of you, didn't I?"

Y/N's eyes widen again, and I chuckle. Suddenly, my head starts throbbing again and I start to feel weak. I stagger, and hear Y/N shout frantically. "Daehwi!" The next thing I know, my head is on her shoulder and my vision goes blurry. "Daehwi... I'm sorry..." I hear Y/N speak in a voice that sounds like she's crying.

I want to comfort her. I want to tell her that it's okay and none of this is her fault. But just as I raise my hand to comfort her, I lose strength and, soon enough, consciousness.

...

I slowly open my eyes, then feel them open wide when I find myself in Y/N's room. I quickly sit up and look around to confirm where I am. Yup, definiyely Y/N's room.

What the- What happened? Why am I here?

Suddenly, the door of the room opens and I turn to it to see Y/N entering. Her head is down as she enters, but as she raises it, I notice her eyes widen before she suddenly runs towards me and places her arms around me. My eyes widen, and I suddenly feel my heartbeat accelerate.

Your POV

"Pabo! Seriously, what were you even thinking going outside with a cold like that?!" I ask Daehwi irritayingly. Meanwhile, tears are flowing down my eyes again, and I bury my face in his shoulder. "I was so worried about you," I murmur.

I hear Daehwi chuckle before I feel his arms around me and he hugs me back. "Mianhae. I made you worry so much you even started crying," he tells me in that same gentle voice he spoke in right before he fainted on me.

I give him an annoyed look once I pull back, then hit him in the arm. "I hate you. Seriously, I could have just held my bag over my head yesterday or looked for an umbrella someone forgot-"