Chapter Seven

By the time my alarm went off the third time, I still had little motivation to get up and out of the comfort of my bed. Today is my first day at U.A, yet I still couldn't bring myself to heave myself out of bed and get ready for school. Maybe it was the thought that if I don't leave my bed, the looming fear of failure seemed farther away, and I could delay what I saw as certain doom. So, I pulled my covers over my head and waited for my alarm clock to go off the fourth time. Just as I was settling into the comfort of my bed again, I was torn away from my covers, and I hugged my knees, shivering at the sudden contact with the air around me.

              "(Y/N), you have got to get out of this bed."

             I groaned and buried my face in my pillow, "I don't want to, Mae."

             "That's not up to you, come on, it's your first day."

I sighed and sat up on my bed, rubbing my eyes and letting my vision start to focus. Mae was standing in front of me, her hair tied up into a bun, with few delicate strands falling to frame her face. She held up my U.A uniform and grinned, "You know, I remember when I had to wear one of these," she let out a nostalgic sigh, "I went to hero school, just to become a reporter."

             I grabbed my uniform from her and started walking to the bathroom, "You're an amazing reporter, and you would have been an amazing Pro-Hero too."

             She grinned, "Yeah, I would have been," she glanced at me, "I made you breakfast."

             I grinned, "I don't usually eat breakfast, but for your cooking, I'll make an exception. American or Japanese?"

             "I can't forget my roots," Mae smiled, "Japanese, of course."

"Got it, I'll be down in ten," I flashed Mae a smile before shutting the door to the bathroom. I took a quick shower, which I usually don't do in the morning, but I needed to calm my nerves, and a warm shower just seemed enticing, to say the least. I brushed my teeth, dried and did my hair, and put on my uniform. I brushed myself off and glanced in the mirror, before letting out a breath and opening the door to the bathroom again. I grabbed my backpack and strapped Ayuna to my side. After doing so, I walked downstairs, my mouth starting to salivate with the thought (and smell) of Mae's cooking clouding my mind.

I sat down at the table and practically started inhaling the food she set out for me, which Mae watched, stifling a laugh.

             "What?" I mumbled, looking up at her, my mouth full.

             "Nothing," she closed her eyes, "You just remind me of Golden Boy," she opened her eyes and shook her head, "Swallow your food, you should leave now if you're going to be on time."

               I nodded and swallowed the food in my mouth, and started to get up, "Thank you for the food Mae."

               She smiled, "Do you want me to take you to school myself?"

               "Like, drive me?" I questioned, "Who gets driven to school?"

               "Americans! They do it all the time."

              "Right," I laughed, "I think I'll be fine."

              Mae rolled her eyes, faking annoyance, "Fine. But I'm doing it one of these days."

             "Alright," I nodded and started to turn and leave.

             "Oh, one more thing!"

             I turned my head slightly, "Yeah?"

            "If you have Aizawa... good luck."