Chapter Eight

I didn't realize that the hero course at U.A. would be so... normal. The day started with normal classes, like English (which was easy for me since my mother is American, and thus raised me to be fluent in the language), and then we had lunch, which I enjoyed thoroughly. The afternoon, however, was what I looked forward to all day. Hero Basic Training.

All Might had us all grab our hero costumes (which we had submitted our ideas for a few weeks ago). I didn't care much about the design of my hero costume, I just wrote that I needed places to keep my weapons. I had no idea what to expect, but the hero costume I received did not disappoint. It was quite possibly the coolest thing I have ever worn. Then again, I've never worn anything meant for hero work, so that was a given.

The base of the hero suit was skin-tight and black, hugging my chest area down to my shins tightly and comfortably. My thighs were adorned with bright red leather straps, which housed my throwing knives. There were also these huge black boots, which allowed me to hide more knives. The costume also included a holster for Ayuna on my back. I usually keep Ayuna at my side, but I would have more mobility with the blade on my back. But, the coolest thing about my costume, in my opinion, are the sleeves. The rest of the costume was skin tight, but my sleeves were bright red and loose. The cool part wasn't that the sleeves were loose, instead, as the base was still skin-tight, my arms were lined with throwing stars. Shuriken. All I had to do, thanks to the compartments of the suit, was clench my fist, and I could easily receive a throwing star.

After we all got into our hero costumes, we reported to one of the battle centers from the entrance exam. Looking at everyone in their costumes, I felt horribly out of place. These were people who knew how to use their quirk, people who deserved to be here. They were extraordinary while I was a high school student who still has limited control over their quirk.

          I glanced to the side to see Katsuki staring at me intently.

          I glared at him, "What are you looking at Katsu-Bitch?"

          His eyes lingered on me for a second, a surprisingly softer expression on his face, before his expression distorted into one that was more familiar, "Whatever, Fangs," he glanced away from me.

That was weird. I expected him to yell at me. You know, he's been doing a lot of weird shit lately. I don't think he's okay. Especially considering he helped me with the whole "you must reveal your quirk or else" ordeal.

          "Now, it's time for combat training!" All Might exclaimed, interrupting my thoughts.

          "Sir!" Iida raised his hand. I couldn't recognize him in his hero costume, but that voice was unmistakable, "This is a battle center from the entrance exam, so will we be conducting urban battles again?"

          "No," All Might answered, "We're going to move ahead two steps," he said, sticking two fingers in the air, "Most of the time, fighting villains takes place outside, but if you look at total numbers, atrocious villains appear indoors at a higher rate. Imprisonment, house arrest, backroom deals- in this society filled with heroes, truly intelligent villains hide in the shadows! For this class, you'll be split into heroes and villains and fight 2-on-2 indoor battles." 

          "Without basic training?" A girl in a bright green hero costume asked.

          "This is a real battle to understand those basics!" All might exclaimed, clenching his fist, "However, the key this time is that there's no robot you can just beat up."

          "How will wins and losses be determined?" A girl in a red hero costume and gorgeous black hair asked.

          "Can we beat them up anyway?" Katsuki asked.