Our love story.. Diego x reader ♡oneshot♡

(This is an angsty fluff oneshot. Enjoy. Juliet is a name for anyone.)

We were both young when I first saw you.
I close my eyes and the flashback starts:
I'm standing there
On a balcony in summer air.

Sometimes that thing that your dad or mom tells you sucks but maybe it's for the best... But in this situation you thought the opposite. "Y/n you are forbid to see him ever again." Your dad/mom yelled while you held Diego's hand tight. "You can't do that!" You screeched trying to hide the tears in your eyes. "Oh yes I can" your dad/mom said prying yours and Diego's hands apart and pushing him out the door. You cried begging him not to leave but it didn't do a thing..

That was 4 years ago actually now your 18 and getting ready for a ball that you're parents are forcing you to be at.

Or

Or

(Choose your color of masquerade mask)

You walked in and headed to the drink table chatter scattered softly through out of the ballroom. When you spotted someone making their way half way through the crowd to you then softly said  "Hello"

See the lights, see the party, the ball gowns,
See you make your way through the crowd,
And say, "Hello."
Little did I know...

Something about him just made you're heart scream 'Do it!' and you did then you remembered he was the boy that you fell in love, the boy that threw pepples at your window so he could sneak you out till you both got caught then...

That you were Romeo, you were throwing pebbles
And my daddy said, "Stay away from Juliet."
And I was crying on the staircase
Begging you, "Please don't go."
And I said,

You smiled knowing who was under the mask. "Romeo.." you said softly as he glided you both out to the dance floor "Juliet.." he said back as you both started to dance slowly. Then you said.. "Romeo, take me somewhere we can be alone.
I'll be waiting. All there's left to do is run. You'll be the prince and I'll be the princess/prince. It's a love story. Baby, just say 'Yes'." He chuckled and snuck out to the garden letting you stay behind a little so it didn't look suspicious..

So, I sneak out to the garden to see you.
We keep quiet 'cause we're dead if they knew.
So, close your eyes,
Escape this town for a little while.
Oh, oh.

Soon enough you snuck out and took your mask off. "Diego..what are you doing at a masquerade ball..?" You said smiling while you slowly undid his mask letting it fall to the ground. "I needed to see you again it's been to long.." he said softly as his mask hit the ground and you looked at his face taking every feature in he's grown up so much, tears welled up in your eyes.

"I missed you Romeo" you said the tears falling down your cheeks as you hugged him tight. "I missed you too Juliet.." then your dad/mom had to come out and ruin it "Stay away from Juliet!" Diego looked at you and kissed your lips gently before  you started begging him not to go..

'Cause you were Romeo. I was a scarlet letter.
And my daddy said, "Stay away from Juliet."
But you were everything to me.
I was begging you, "Please don't go!"
And I said,

"Romeo, take me somewhere we can be alone.
I'll be waiting. All there's left to do is run.
You'll be the prince and I'll be the princess/prince.
It's a love story. Baby, just say 'Yes'.

He ended up leaving but not for long he showed up with his car and simply said "Let's go to that somewhere we can be alone" as he helped you put your bags in the car then you both drove off.

Flashback

You called him quickly and quietly saying "Romeo, take me somewhere we can be alone. I'll be waiting. All there's left to do is run. You'll be the prince and I'll be the princess/prince.
It's a love story. Baby, just say 'Yes'.
"You're not allowed to see him Y/n!" Your dad/mom yelled making you put the phone away. In-between the years you were apart you questioned if you'd ever see him again..

Oh, oh, oh.
I got tired of waiting,
Wondering if you were ever coming around.
My faith in you was fading,
When I met you on the outskirts of town.
And I said,

"Diego..?" You said walking toward him, the outskirts of town was your place you  always went to together."Romeo, save me. I've been feeling so alone.
I keep waiting for you, but you never come. Is this in my head? I don't know what to think." He knelt to the ground and pulled out a ring and said, "Marry me, Juliet. You'll never have to be alone I love you, and that's all I really know. I talked to your dad. Go pick out a white dress.
It's a love story. Baby, just say 'Yes'."

Your eyes widened and immediately said  "Yes! Yes!" He chuckled and slid the ring on your finger you both knew he never talked to your dad/mom..

Flashback over

You smiled while you and Diego finished telling your love story to the your little girl who was snuggled in blankets smiling that Diego smile.

"And that's our love story"

Oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh.

'Cause we were both young when I first saw you.