Chapter 11: Olivia Presti

I couldn't believe what I saw. Nikki, lying in a pool of blood, sound asleep. Alex, frozen in terror, while Max was getting up from his spot. Douxie puts a comforting hand on terrified Kakaira, hugging her closely. Everything was happening in slow motion. Plus, Kevin was somewhere outside the room we were trapped in. Maybe that idiot found a way out or something.

I have to do something about this. They're my friends!!

Suddenly, Alex moves forward and shoves his dad. The unmistakable figure, James Mendez, barely moves from his spot and laughs, spitting at his son's blank expression. Alex wipes the spit off his face and edges backwards next to Max.

So sad...wow..just wow.

"You're gonna hurt your own father, Alex?" James Mendez asks, glaring at him with a grin.

James Mendez really does know how to stop someone from doing something... not harming a family member? Well, of course you shouldn't hurt a family member but this is a serial killer we're talking about!! Plus he..hurt Nikki...NIKKI!!

I see Max back up, holding his arm to his head, grimacing. Alex stares at his father, a tear making its way down.

I've never seen him cry before...

Without thinking, I leave Kakiara behind me and run towards Nikki.

"Kakiara, Douxie, help me," I say.

I tried to pick Nikki up, but she was too heavy.

Kakiara comes slowly behind me and reaches down, grabbing Nikki's arms and Douxie getting her legs. We hastily drag her to the end of the room, laying her down on the floor, her head resting on my bag. Streaks of blood marks were left across the room as I quickly glanced at James Mendez and back at Nikki's slim and dead like figure.

We have to be careful, I don't wanna hurt her.

I look into my bag and find a cloth and press it down against her stomach, stopping more blood from coming out. Nikki groans slightly, her head shifting on the floor.

James Mendez lets his gaze wander to us and chuckles, "Oh, she'll be fine, don't worry Olivia," he says, emphasizing my name and laughing hysterically.

First of all, how the hell does he know my name? This is so fishy. There's something seriously wrong with him.

In a hurry, Alex grabs a dagger from his sleeve and quickly presses it against James's neck.

That looked like Crystal's spare dagger.

"You wanna play like this?" James Mendez says, smirking. As Alex tightened his grip on the dagger at James throat, I noticed that Alex was almost as tall as him.

I see a shadow behind James, hovering over him.

That looks like...Kevin Monkey Elephant Alligator. That idiot finally decides to show up, wow. Just wow.

Suddenly, Kevin pushes James, knocking him over Alex. He hit him on the head with a bottle.

Where the hell did he get that... bottle of... some type of wine. Ouch, that must hurt. James is probably knocked out right now.

James Mendez groans, falling unconscious. Alex gets up from underneath him, brushing off the dust from his clothes. Kevin hands him a rope, and they tie James, sitting him up on a rustic chair in the corner.

And where did he get that rope? Wow, that's some Kevin I don't know.

Kevin looks around the cramped room, all eyes on him.

"Oh that, I was looking around and found those supplies in some room. I think it belongs to him," he says, pointing at the sleeping James Mendez. He meets eye contact with Douxie and Max, and they nod.

"Okay. Listen up, you guys. First, we need to get Crystal out of there," I say, looking over at the other room where Crystal is in.

I feel all eyes lay on me. You got this Olivia.

"Second, we need to get this James dude to the police station. Lastly, we have to take care of Nikki's wound." I finished off, feeling more confident than before.

Alex sprints over to Nikki, looking at her wound closely. Nikki was still unconscious, laying down on the hard ground. Recklessly, he picks her drowsy and senseless body, and we all gather our things and Kevin opens the trapdoor, leading right out.

"Can someone stay here to watch over James?" Kakiara asks.

"Good idea, I'll stay with Nikki, since she is hurt. You guys go get Crystal," Max chimes in, a bit too eagerly.

"Alright," Alex says, eying Max suspiciously while setting Nikki down on the floor. Max sits next to her wrapping his arm around her carefully.

"Can I stay too?" Kakiara says, pouting.

"I'll stay as well, to make sure Kakaira is okay," Douxie says, looking worriedly over at Kakiara.

"Yeah, yeah, whatever," Alex hastily answers, "We need to go get Crystal now," he says in a sharp tone. The others nod and we start walking in the dark hallway, heading for the room Crystal is in.

Hopefully she's still...breathing.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Do you think Crystal is still...alive? 

Make sure to comment, vote, & followww TYYYY!!!