3

Miranda went into gym and she dressed out. She sat down in her spot waiting for her teacher to come out of the boys locker room when it was time.

She hummed to herself as she saw a shadow appear, casting over her.

She pushed her glasses up on her nose and turned to look at the person. "Hey Miranda." Ben said.

"Hey."

Ben sat down beside her. "Your seat is way over there." Miranda said.

"I know I wanted to talk to you though. Is that okay?"

"I guess."

"How come you don't eat in the main cafeteria and you never interact with anyone" Ben asked.

"No one interacts with me so I don't interact with them. I'm Mandy the nerd, the teacher's pet, the person who is always going to have my homework. I love to sit in trees and read books, I like star wars and anything Sci-fi."

Ben gave her a sad complex face. She was just so different and he liked it.

"Why did you give that sad look. I'm different, I'm unique, but I'm not insecure with who I am. I love me and I'm not willing to change for anyone. It's either that they love me for me or don't love me at all and I'm okay with either. " Miranda smiled confidently.

"You are beautiful." Ben said before thinking.

Miranda looked at him with wide eyes.

Ben wanted to play it cool so he just stood up and left her like that.

Miranda watched Ben jog with his two new friends on the track. She jogged by herself. She thought about Ben calling her beautiful and it made her blush constantly. She was beginning to feel butterflies in the pit of her stomach. Much like her beginning stages of her crush on Marcus King.

After gym Miranda went to her math class. After class her teacher asked about her tutoring session with Ben. "Um it was great. I actually toured him around the school the first day and he is my partner for our science project." Miranda said smiling.

"Oh wow. I'm glad you both got to know each other. It became a small world so fast."

Miranda smiled. "It sure has. Have a good day. Mrs Craftman." Miranda spoke walking to Anatomy.

She sat at her regular seat and she looked over at Ben and smiled. They haven't spoke today, since he called her beautiful.

After class was dismissed. Ben walked over to her as she packed up her books. "Are you going to the store with me." Ben asked nervously.

"Yeah I coming to get supplies with you." Miranda said smiling.

"Come with me." Ben said walking out of the class and Miranda followed beside him.

"Why are we going to the student parking lot." Miranda asked but kept walking until Ben stopped in front of his car.

Miranda looked at his 1994 jeep grand Cherokee.

Ben got into the drivers side.

"What are you waiting for" Ben asked.

"I'm not riding with you." Miranda said. She looked around at the girls looking at her. Some whispered.

"Miranda who cares what anyone thinks. Get in the car." Ben said rolling the window down or her side.

Miranda huffed and the got into the vehicle. She put her book bag into the back seat and pushed her glasses up.

"I could drive you in the mornings to school " Ben suggested.

"Ben I know how to drive. My car is also in the drive way at home. I just choose to walk to school because it's close and better for the environment." Miranda said