10

Ben was excited, he got all the college letters in the mail that he applied too. He opened them with his parents and watched as his mother cried and his dad gave him a hug. The only person he wanted to share it with now was Miranda.

He grabbed them and got into his car to make his way to her house. When he pulled up. He saw that Miranda was outside with her dad on the swing.

Her face looked down but instantly lit up as she saw him. She ran off of the porch and met him at his car.

Miranda wanted to kiss him, but she looked back at her father.

"Dad we are going to the tree." Miranda said as she pulled Ben's hand along with her.

When they reached it. She pulled him in for a kiss. Before running in the field to the tree.

"Okay so guess what I got in to Wesley." Miranda said jumping up and down.

"Oh my God. I knew you would. You are The Miranda Bailey." Ben said hugging her and picking her up, spinning her around.

"So tell me yours Ben." Miranda said and he handed her all of the college letters.

She read through each one after the next.

"Oh my gosh you got into all of them. I am so so proud of you. I knew you would." Miranda said pulling him into a hug.

"This is so great." Miranda said and Ben bent down to kiss her.

"So do you know where you want to go." Miranda asked.

"I think I want to choose Howard." Ben said and Miranda cheesed.

He was so smart and it was an HBCU, she was just so proud.

"You are great." Miranda said hugging him.

"Why was your face down earlier when I got to your house." Ben asked.

"My mother isn't happy about me going to Wesley for college. She got upset and walked into the house."

"Why?"

"She is over protective, she doesn't want me to go so far , she doesn't want me to be a surgeon, she is just scared, my dad was telling me before you pulled up that I had a sister named Danielle that my parents lost as a baby so when she had me she was extra protective."

"Well I can understand that, you can't fault your mother for being a mother, she doesn't mean any harm." Ben said and Miranda listened.

Miranda was walking to lunch when she saw Ben walk up to her and grab her hand. "What's this?" Ben said sliding the paper out of her hand.

"It's the school musical." Miranda said

"she loves me." Ben said looking over at her and she nodded.

"Are you auditioning?" Ben asked and Miranda shrugged her shoulders.

"You should." Ben said.

"Audition for Amalia." Ben said

Miranda's eyes widen. "That's the leading female." Miranda said.

"I know, that's why I said it. Miranda you have an awesome angel like voice. Don't be afraid to step out of your comfort zone, you got this."

"What if I don't get the part."

"You will and if you don't, you will be the understudy and I will trip the leading girl so she can't go on. That way you will still get the leading part." Ben said wiggling his eyebrows.

Miranda nudged him laughing hearty.

"But no seriously, I believe in you. Again. You are the Miranda Bailey, future doctor. You will get the part." Ben emphasized and Miranda blushed.