5

After school Ben was getting ready to go to the cafeteria to sit with the foot ball team. It was his first game. That he got to play in and was he was nervously excited.

"What you doing tonight." Ben asked Miranda as she walked down the hall getting ready to walk home.

"I don't have anything to do. I finished all my assignments."

"You should come to the game."

"It's an away game Ben." Miranda said.

"I know but it's my first game that I play. I would love it if you could be there."

"I'll think about it. Ben" Miranda said. She never went to a foot ball game. That was away. She didn't go to any if the band didn't have to play.

Ben took that answer satisfied. He really hoped she would come.

Ben sat at the table in the cafeteria. Marcus king was the football captain. He was talking to his group of friends and Ben rolled his eyes. He was talking about the girl he slept with last night.

He ate his snack and listen to the coach give his pep talk for the game. Ben loved to play defense. He was a quarterback but this game he would be playing halfback sometimes known as a receiver.

Miranda went home and she took a small nap. She decided that she would go to Ben's game to support him. She put on jeans and her school sweat shirt.

She grabbed her car keys and her purse as she walked to the front. "Hey daddy I'm going to the football game with Claire." Miranda lied.

"Okay honey have a good time. Your mother is at Bible study. I'll tell her your whereabouts when she gets back. Here take this." Miranda turned around and saw her dad pull out 40 dollars out of his wallet.

"Thank you dad you didn't have to do that. I really appreciate it." Miranda said.

"You're my little girl. There isn't anything I wouldn't do for you." William said and she knew with out a doubt he meant it.

Miranda got into her car and she turned the radio on.

When she arrived at Crest View high school. She stood in line for her ticket and she sat down in the bleachers on the visitors side. There wasn't many people here, probably because it was still another 20 minutes before the game started.

Miranda waited and she decided to go get her snacks from the concession stand before the line got too long. She bought herself candy, sodas and Nachos. She sat back down just as the game started.

Miranda knew who Ben was even with his helmet on. It was something about his body, his stance and mannerisms that only he possessed. She knew him from anywhere and it only took her a two weeks to learn.

Miranda found her self hopping up from the bleachers cheering. She called his name out saying good job, good play or shake it off. She could have been a coach at this point. "Warren, what are you doing? Run and look over shoulder. You are running too far from the ball. That's how you miss it. You're over running it. Shake it off." Miranda yelled.

"Number 20.. that's your boyfriend." A women asked.

"No he is my friend." Miranda responded looking down at the women. Realizing she was still standing for no reason.

When the game was over Miranda grabbed her trash and threw it away. She started walking in the crowds back to her car.

"Miranda.... Miranda wait." She heard Ben call and she saw him running to catch up with her.

"You came." Ben said with a toothy grin.

"Yeah. It was a good game. You did a really really good job and we won." Miranda praised.