The Mysterious Shrine, and Zelda's Disdain

Zelda brought the Sheikah slate to the shrine that had appeared in a ruin nearby. She placed the slate onto the pedestal, hoping, perhaps naively, that the shrine would react in some way. But as she expected, nothing happened.

She spoke to herself out loud. "It appears to be exclusively designed to be accessed by the sword's chosen one. But designs can always be worked around, at least I hope. How do I get inside? I need to activate it somehow.."

Her thoughts were interrupted by the sound of a horse's neigh, and the clicking of hooves. She turned around and looked at Link, irritatedly. As he dismounted the horse and approached Zelda, she got even more annoyed. She walked towards him.

"I thought I made it clear that I am not in need of an escort. It seems I'm the only one with a mind of my own. I, the person in question, am fine, regardless of the king's orders." She spoke a bit quicker. "Return to the castle, and tell that to my father, please."

As Zelda marched away, Link went to follow her. She took a deep breath, and yelled "and stop following me!" He seemed confused by the outburst. From what he knew, he was only doing what he was ordered to do. He left her be. Though unsure what he did wrong, he knew she was upset, and didn't wish to make her feel worse.