Chapitre 6

Chapitre 6

"The event's tomorrow?"

I nodded. Three days had passed and tomorrow will be the birthday of Duke Earl's brother.

"Margery and Amanda have prepared your dress along with your father's steward, Andriette."

"And his present?" I asked.

She stopped for a bit and gasped softly, probably forgetting that.

"I'll send the guards to buy a present immediately!"

I chuckled because of her outburst. Then, I waved my hand as she ran towards the other direction to command them.

My heels clicked as I walked into the hallway. The castle was big at the same time it feels small, like I'm trapped in some sort of enclosed space.

"Your Grace!"

I look back and saw Lord Benedict half-running towards my direction. He looked like he ran miles just to find me.

"What is it?" I immediately asked as soon as he was in front of me.

"It's the savages..." he said. "They've breached the London border. They're inside the village."

"What? How did this happen?!" I exclaimed.

For all I knew, I've already sent hundreds of men to protect the border! How come they succeeded in entering my kingdom?

He was heaving as he tried to catch his breath.

"How did they pass the knights?"

"The guards were protecting the northeast and northwest of the border as we thought they would enter on that area but they entered through the southeast, which was nearer to the village and farther from the castle."

"Where's Sir Alexander? I'm certain he received the news!"

"His men is on his way there, Your Majesty, but I think we'll have a shortage of guards since many are assigned to protect the dungeons."

I shook my head, "Send them all to the village since the prisoners cannot escape their cells. I'll take care of it."

He was about to protest but I raised my hand to silence him so he had no other choice but to follow my command.

He slightly bowed then turned away towards the dungeons to send more guards to defend the village. I followed him as we went to the West keep.

"Could you please call Lady Ysabeau and inform her about my whereabouts?" I ordered one of the handmaidens who was panicking and running opposite on my direction.

Everyone's in disarray since the castle will be put on lockdown until the savages are out of the border.

The handmaiden curtsied before turning away.

I followed Lord Benedict as he went down the stairs. Once we reached a large wooden door, he opened it and came in shouting, ordering the guards about the situation.

"Guards! Your presence is needed in the village!"

"Then who will guard here?" I heard one protest.

I was standing outside. I wasn't sure why I'm in here in the first place.

I cleared my throat so they all turned to look at me and immediately bowed their head.

"The village needs more protection. No one can escape this dungeon if you block their only exit."

As soon as I sad that, they stepped foot towards my direction until they're outside. There were at least twenty of them as they all helped each other to close the large wooden door and locked it, enclosing everyone inside.