Chapitre 7

Chapitre 7

"What?! How did this happen?" I exclaimed.

I was in a rage. How come all fifty prisoners escaped the dungeons when the only exit was protected!

Then I remembered him...Guillaume. He can still manage to go to different places in the castle without getting caught so I knew he was behind all this.

But why would he help escape the others? Did he trick me into thinking he had good intentions? Was it a part of his scheme in order to lure me into his trap?

"The door doesn't have any sign of breakage, Your Grace, and it was still properly locked in place but everyone in the dungeons were nowhere to be found."

I paced back and forth trying to think of a way how they escaped. If they managed to do it so easily, then I'm sure they planned it very well.

"Are there any savages caught and was put in the dungeons alongside the others?" I asked, trying to conclude.

Ysabeau bowed, looking somewhat distorted.

"Y-yes, milady. Half of the prisoners were savages caught on the last incident in the border."

I massaged my temples. So this explains why. They attacked multiple times in different directions like they're trying to lure the guards into paying attention to another issue whilst they're planning their escape.

It all made sense. Now that the guards were busy protecting the kingdom, they chose it as an opportunity.

There was only one way they could've escaped without using the main door.

"Lady Ysabeau..." I instructed harshly, feeling a fit of rising anger inside me. "Send some guards to the dungeons to check some secret passageways they could have used to escape. See to it on where it leads and where they could have gone."

She instantly nodded and turned around to do as I say.

I clenched my fist as I felt betrayed by my people. It was my fault that they've escaped. Guillaume knew about the secret passageways that day on our first encounter because I showed him.

It's all my fault.

"...and tell Sir Alexander that no one will escape this castle walls. They might have escaped the keep but I'm certain they're still inside the palace. Search for them...all of them. No one. Will. Escape."

I was raging in fury. This has been the first time I was in complete and utter failure.

And I will make sure that it won't happen again.

"Your Majesty!"

I stoop up when I saw Sir Alexander entered the throne room.

"We've captured half of the prisoners. We couldn't find the other half."

I nodded. At least they still managed to bring back some. That's enough for me to hear.

"Very well. Interrogate each one of them and how they managed to escape. We don't want that incident to happen again now, would we?"

He bowed before turning away, following my command.

I paced back and forth in front of my throne as I think of other ways they could have escaped. The guards already searched every corner of the dungeon but they couldn't find any passageway.

So what was it?

"Sir Alexander?" I called out as he was about to exit the room. He turned back around with a confused gaze. I remained a stoic expression.