Chapter 8

Fred's POV:

        I woke up to Lee practically jumping on me. 

"Come on! We are going to miss the champion picking!" He screams.

        I groan and roll over. Lee suddenly rips the blanket off me. 

"Get up!" George yells.

"Ugh, okay." I mumble.

        I get up and get dressed, then walk to the common room with Lee and George. We spot Hermione and Ginny sitting on the couch. 

"She'll be down in a minute. She's doing her makeup." Hermione said not looking up from her book.

        We nod and sit in silence for what feels like forever before Y/N comes jumping down the stairs.

"Guys let's go. We don't want to be late to the champion picking!" She beams.

"Says you! You took forever." George jokes.

"Oh whatever." She rolls her eyes.

"Well I think you look pretty." I mutter.

"Thanks, Freddie." She smiles.

"Let's go, love birds." Lee scoffs slightly laughing. 

        Y/N walks up to me and grabs my hand, pulling me through the portrait. With Lee and George walking a couple feet in front of us, I lean over and whisper, "Hey, what did take you so long?"

"I had to cover all the marks you left on my neck!" She whisper shouts, chuckling.

"Oh, uh, sorry." I shift my gaze away from her.

"Darling, it's alright. By the way, you didn't hide yours very well." She winks. My hand shoots up to my neck, covering the exposed skin.

Before I could say anything, Lee stops my train of thought, "Oi, hurry up."

        I grab Y/N's hand and speed up my pace. I hear her soft giggles as we catch up to George and Lee. We finish making our way to the hall and sit down near Ron, Hermione, Ginny, and Harry. How did they pass us? The hall goes quiet as Dumbledore speaks, and before we know it, the first of the three names flies out of the goblet. We all wait in anticipation as Dumbledore reads the name.

"The Durmstrang champion is Viktor Krum!" He announces. 

        The cheers around the room grew loud as Viktor stood up and shot a glance to where we were seated. I look over as I see Hermione red and Y/N laughing. A smirk grows across my face as the noise dies down and another name flies out. 

"The Beauxbatons champion is Fleur Delacour!" His voice echos.

        The cheers grew loud once again as she stood and walked to meet Dumbledore. As exciting as hearing the other schools' champions, all of the Hogwarts students were waiting on who would be picked for us. I look over and see Ron and Harry mumbling trying to figure out who it is. I stifle a laugh and turn back to Dumbledore.

"The Hogwarts champion is Cedric Diggory!" He smiles.

        As happy as I was for Cedric, I felt my face heat up a little and I pulled Y/N closer to me with the arm I had around her waist. I swear I could see Cedric glance over to us and give a small wink. Her hair brushed my chest as she turned to face me. Unable to read her expression, I just stare back at her. A small smile tugs at her lips as she winks at me and pecks my cheek. My face cooled back down just as another slip of parchment flew out of the goblet. Everyone stopped everything and stared in confusion as Dumbledore seemed to read the paper over and over again mumbling to himself.