❄️Of Ice & Fire: temperature play

https://www.lascivity.co.uk/of-ice-and-fire-a-guide-to-kinky-temperature-play/

A Guide to Kinky Temperature Play - Kinky sex guides and BDSM relationship advice by Lascivity
Of Ice and Fire: A Guide to Kinky Temperature Play
Published by Kristan X on 8th September 2020
Do you like things hot? How about really hot? As in, hot wax and pre-warmed lube? Or... perhaps cold is more your jam? Love the feeling of an ice cube being run over your most sensitive parts?

What you're into, my friend, is temperature play; a catch-all term for anything kinky that involves stimulating the ol' temperature receptors.

Just like any kind of BDSM play, temperature play encompasses a wide range of activities, and comes with its own difficulties and dangers. This guide is designed to serve as a starting point for those interested in exploring temperature play, or adding something new to their repertoire of hot and cold sensations.

Types of Temperature Play
Fire Play
Let's start with something extreme: fire play. This is a pretty specialised BDSM activity, and relatively little practised. It's incredibly dangerous, but it sure is pretty when it's done right. Fire play typically involves running burning implements along bare skin, or else smearing bare skin with flammable substances and setting them alight for just long enough to tingle without actually burning.

Safety Notes: My safety advice when it comes to fire play is simple: don't do it. Don't even think about doing it without a lot of research and real world learning from experienced practitioners. Fire play is for people who know what they're doing, and becoming someone who knows that they're doing isn't (and should never be) a quick, easy, or online process.

Wax Play
If you're looking for something hot, but with less chance of severe burns, wax play might be the stop for you. This usually involves dripping melted wax from a candle onto a willing victim's bare skin. The temperature of the wax can be varied from pleasantly warm to wincingly hot by varying the distance between the candle and the skin (the drops cool off as they fall), and if using a big candle you can save up a whole pool of melted wax and deliver a painfully hot splash rather than just a drip.

Once you've waxed on, you can also have fun waxing off. Dried wax can be gently scraped away with a knife or other sharp object, or simply picked at by hand in a way that's almost as fun as peeling dried PVA glue off your fingers. Watch out for hair though; if you drip wax onto a particularly hairy part of your partner it may insist on bringing some of those hairs with it when it's removed...

Safety Notes: Playing with candles means waving around a naked flame, usually indoors. Fires happen. Have something on hand to extinguish them if they do. Also make sure you're using the right kind of candle. Most candles are not suitable for wax play, as they burn far too hot. Get one that's designed to be used for kinky stuff, and test it on yourself extensively before putting it anywhere near anyone else. Finally... keep wax away from eyes, ears, and urethras. You do not want it in any of your bodily openings. Trust me.

A Nice Cup of Tea
Simple but fun: warm your mouth with a long slow gulp of tea or coffee before going down on your partner. The heat of the drink will raise the temperature of your mouth, and completely change the sensation of your lips and tongue on (or in) them.

For the opposite sensation you can suck on an ice cube, or enjoy a cold drink before going down on your partner. If your teeth aren't as sensitive as mine, you can even alternate between hot or cold as you give head. Fun.

Safety Notes: Sugar and dairy are both bad news for vaginas. Dicks are more resilient, but can still get yeast infections. For the purposes of this kinky activity, take your tea black and avoid sugary milkshakes. Oh, and make sure to opt for drinks that are warm rather than hot. What feels hot in your mouth will feel scorching on your poor partner's genitals.