71-75

71 Moment Poison Activates
February 25, 2019
secretdreamwishes
None of the people sitting around the eight immortal table noticed Lan You Nian’s strangeness. Only Feng Yi Xuan, who paid constant attention to Lan You Nian, was aware of Lan You Nian’s strange behavior.

Feng Yi Xuan’s gaze carried concern as he looked at Lan You Nian. The second he brushed against Nian Nian’s hand, he noticed something was wrong. Although Nian Nian’s body temperature was usually pretty low, however, just moments ago, when he held Nian Nian’s hand, the tiny hand in his palms can be described as cold as ice. How could that be someone’s normal body temperature?

There was a needle-like pain emitting from every single part of her body. It was the same feeling as when the poison first activated at the beginning. Lan You Nian knew she must leave immediately otherwise she will definitely be exposed in front of other people. Although she considered these people to be her friends, Lan You Nian’s heart still believed she was one person.

Feng Yi Xuan looked at Nian Nian who merely sat there with her head bowed down, her expression couldn’t be seen. He didn’t know what’s wrong with Nian Nian, but he could tell something wasn’t right. Seeing everyone was still laughing and joking around, Feng Yi Xuan was just about to open his mouth to tell everyone to disperse so he could take Nian Nian back, but there came a knock at the door.

“Young miss, third young master wants to see you,” Lan Wu, who just returned, stood beside Lan You Nian, her eyes filled with anxiousness. Meanwhile, Lan Qu who has continuously been by Lan You Nian’s side was beginning to sweat. Although their young miss was able to bear it, every time young miss’s poison activated, they were all apprehensive. Not only were they upset because young miss was suffering, they were also afraid young miss won’t be able to get through it.

Everyone in the box looked at Lan You Nian with eyes of curiosity, but at this moment Lan You Nian’s head was lowered so they couldn’t see anything. As matter of fact, many people knew Wu Qing Pavilion was Young Master Wu Qing’s domain, but ordinarily Young Master Wu Qing was a mysterious character, so Wu Qing Pavilion is said to be managed by several young masters. While these several young masters were mysterious as well, they have been seen by people. Moreover, these several young masters were only helping Young Master Wu Qing take care of business, so the world was not as curious about these several young masters as they were about Young Master Wu Qing.

“I really am sorry. Nian’er still has some matters to take care of so I will take leave first,” Lan You Nian endured her increasingly painful body, lifted her head to look at everyone and smiled gently.

“Yeah no problem, go ahead. Do we need to wait for you to go back together?” Hua Mu Qing waved her hand, brushing it off, but still asked with concern.

“After that, I will go back myself. Lan Qu, later, have the management bring out the latest pastries that haven’t been introduced yet for everyone to taste!” Lan You Nian instructed.

Speaking of Zhen Wei Pavilion’s pastries that have yet to be sold on the market, several of the people were interested, not to mention the ones who tasted the fruit jelly last time. They eagerly looked to Lan Qu. Lan Qu nodded. She knew this was her family’s young miss ploy to change the topic.

After Lan You Nian gave a curtsy, she turned and left the box. However, she didn’t expect that she before she even took a few steps, she stumbled, almost falling over. Fortunately, Lan Qu and Lan Wu reacted fast. They helped support Lan You Nian up, but it was this small episode that had everyone unsettled.

“Nian’er meimei are you alright?” Hua Mu Qing asked with concern, however, she didn’t think too much on it. She only thought Lan You Nian didn’t look at the ground when she walked.