81-85

81 The Eldest Princess is Punished
April 29, 2019
secretdreamwishes
Lan You Nian had Lan Ren return to Lan manor with a message, telling her older brother and the others that she was fine and asked them not to worry too much. When she has taken care of her business, she will return. Although Lan Jian Jun and Lan Mo Xian and the others were worried about what Lan You Nian was doing there, they knew that Lan You Nian had her own secrets. Secrets such as where was she the five years she went missing, what kind of people did she meet, what troubles has she encountered, but Lan You Nian did not talk about her past nor were they in any kind of position to ask about it. Now, they can only do their best to protect Lan You Nian.

“Mo Xian, what happened today? How did Nian’er fall into the water?” Lan Jian Jun received the news of his daughter falling into the lake in the palace while he was in the military camp. He promptly dropped all military matters on his hands and hurried back to the manor, but instead of seeing his daughter, he only saw his son coming back alone.

“Father must know there is something fishy about this palace banquet. Nian’er meimei was pushed by the eldest princess into the lake!” Lan Mo Xian fumed. Truth be told, he was aware of the many questionable points deserving of suspicion, but no matter what his little sister wanted to do, he will support her.

“What! Pushed by someone into the lake!” Lan Jian Jun exploded into fury. Although he was only a general, his daughter cannot be bullied for no reason at all, “I will go to the palace now to see his Majesty and have the Emperor give this general an explanation! Even if it’s the princess, she still cannot bully Nian’er like this!”

“Father, son will go with you!” Lan Mo Xian also cannot swallow his rage. It was apparent that the Empress’s faction wanted to discipline his little sister today. Since they did this so glaringly obvious, their Lan manor were not pushovers who allowed people to audaciously bully them.

“No, Mo Xian you can’t go. If both us of us go, the Emperor will think that our Lan manor is defying imperial power. But if father goes, it is only asking justice on behalf of my daughter. This way the Emperor can punish the eldest princess harshly!” Although he was in the military camps all year round, Lan Jian Jun still understood how the matters of the court worked. The Emperor was most suspicious. If their Lan manor was too aggressive, then there was no need for An manor to suppress them, for the Emperor will suppress Lan manor in the future.

“Son understands. Father be careful!” Lan Mo Xian gave his respects then watched as Lan Jian Jun rode away from Lan manor. The current father was truly loving towards little sister, otherwise based on father’s loyalty, how could he act like this? He didn’t know if Nian’er meimei will forgive father in the future?

When Lan Jian Jun arrived at the imperial palace to have Emperor’s personal eunuch Lu announce him, he noticed that in the imperial study there stood Royal Tutor He, fourth wangye Feng Xia Qi, and heir Jing Wu An. Everyone came for the same purpose; it was to ask for justice for Lan You Nian. However, what was most surprising for Lan Jian Jun was Tutor He’s presence. After all, Tutor He was the tutor of several dynasties. He usually didn’t concern himself about these things. Besides, Tutor He was overly pedantic. If the one who was bullied today was He Chu Yang, then Tutor He will not only not demand justice for his grandson instead he will make his grandson plead guilty.

“My lords, Emperor admits you in!” Eunuch Lu smiled, letting them walk into the imperial study.

Emperor Feng Xuan was clothed in golden dragon robes as he sat in the Imperial study reviewing memorials. Seeing so many officials all at once he couldn’t help feeling strange. The Emperor did not receive news of what happened in the palace banquet since this matter was suppressed by the Empress for she did not allow it to pass into Emperor’s ears.