Chapter 2- part 2: The mission

As the Cornel arrived at the generals tent he saw a strange figure standing at the back with a large rifle, a map of Stalingrad was laid out across the table with the general and two of the commanders stood beside him.

"Cornel, we have made a plan of attack against the swarm and plan to hit here" the general stabbed his finger on the map of Stalingrad.

"We have sent in scouts and they have discovered a main cluster at this location" the commander announced.

However, this commander wasn't dressed like the other commander, he was in a a short sleeved dark green shirt with a red bandana along his forehead beneath his earth brown hair. He also wore a brown jacket over his shirt with regular army issue trousers and boots. The other commander however was the complete opposite to the scruffy looking commander dressed in a stylish black and red long coat and a commanders issue hat with pitch black trousers with red rims and shiny boosts. He wore his medels upon his chest that reflected in the sunlight.

"I say we hit them head on general, a strong frontal assault!" He bellowed across the table towards the other two officers.

"That would be suicide!" The scruffy commander objected

"We should send in a small strike force to cripple the enemy forces!"

The two commanders stared into each others eyes with no sign of standing down from either of them.

"Now you see why I called you Cornell" the general said in a cool calm voice.

"What do you think we should do? A full strike or a strike team?"

All eyes pointed at Hoffman with cold deadly stars... He froze... Unaware what would be best, so he ran through each scenario in his head... A full strike would cost the lives of many troops while the strike team if they failed would cost the lives of many but if successful could cripple the enemy and cause them to retreat...

The stakes were high and both can cause heavy loses to either side... He weighed the two out and made a decision...

"We send in a strike team to cripple the enemy" the Cornel answered and was swiftly given a deadly stair from the well-dressed commander as he stormed out of the tent followed by two armed guards.

"Don't mind commander Havoc, he is a hot head" the rugged commander noted as he approached Hoffman

"The names Jefferson" he went in to shake his hand, the Cornel hesitated

"I don't mind a bit of blood Cornel" he grabbed his hand and gave a manly handshake

"Hoffman... My name is Hoffman sir" he stuttering as he spoke, amazed how different this commander is to the rest of the well-dressed fools.

"Right, for this mission you will take a small force of 10 men and as many explosives and ammo we can can spare, you will get no artillery support or armour support... Once you leave camp its just you and them" the general pressed on breaking the silance.

"Joining you on this mission is Assassin 050..."

'What?! An assassin? I thought they all disappeared!?' The Cornel couldn't believe it, this thought kept running through his head trying to find an answer...

"Cornel?"

Hoffman looked up startled

"You will take this route with Jefferson and 050 along with the other men... Your mission is to find and cripple the enemy force or die trying"

'Die trying' these were the words going through Hoffman's head as he walked through the ruined streets of Stalingrad to the suspected location of the tyranids cluster. The street was unrecognisable with rubble piled on the street and corpses lined the path of those killed trying to run.

They have been walking for many hours now and everyone has had a say... all but 050 who remained quiet throughout their journey and began to make the Cornel wonder... could he even speak?

"We are almost there, just through this street..." Jeffinson pointed the way they were heading

As they turned the corner... they were confronted by a mass pile of bodies... they were stacked atop of each other, some had limbs missing, some there were only half of them left.

"God lord!" gasped one of the troops shocked from what he had just seen

"These bodies were not here before commander" sergent James explained, he was a avarage height male with dark skin dressed like his commander in a short shirt and army issue trousers and boots. Sargent James was the scout leader and was one who investigated the area just a few days ago.

"I don't like this one bit... We need a vantage point looking into this area" Jefferson ordered.

The strike team were able to take refuge in a three story building well what was left of it... Its roof had caved in and the top floor was utterly destroyed, but it was the best they could find.

After hours of waiting something started to lurk below the team...

"There!" One of the members whispered towards the rest of the group

"You see it?"

"Yes I do... Let's see where it goes" Jefferson replied, as he said this 050 was aiming down his rifles scope tracing where the small tryanid was going. The small snake like tyranid stopped moving... The squad moved closer to the edge of the ruined building... Then the small creature went down a manhole in a flash.

"There! That's our target!" Jefferson beckoned

"Team A you will head down and set this charges, Team B you stay here and give cover fire when they return, if they don't you run..." Both teams nodded and went to their positions. Team A consisting of Hoffman, Jefferson and 5 regular troops carrying explosives on their backs started to head down the hole. Team B time positions within the ruined building and had 050 leading the team armed with snipers and assault rifles...

'Now... We head to the belly of the beast... Or is it? Will we return? I don't know...'

Cornell Hoffman's boots touched the bottom of the man hole...

'And so... It begins...'