Chapter 2

Hey guys I'm starting hybrid school this week so I'll be updating slowly. I'm also making a little time skip from where the last chap ends to when they arrive at avengers tower cause I'm lazy.

Peter's POV

We arrive at the tower and it's beautiful. Glass outlining the entire thing. I'm used to keeping my face emotionless so that's what I do as to not embarrass myself. I am worried though. I know James(Bucky) is there and I don't know if he remembers me. I hope he doesn't at first and then says something about it in private. Anyway, we go up the elevator in an awkward silence and I  need to know if they(the other avengers) know about me, so I decide to ask.

"Hey, um, do the other avengers know that you guys are adopting me? How will they react do you think?" I ask tentatively. Tony freezes and Steve pauses. 

"Um, right so they don't even know that we were adopting, it was gonna be a surprise. So try to stay close so we can introduce you." Steve says awkwardly. The elevator dings in the door side open. We walk out into the room and there's a living room and kitchen in a open floor plan. It looked very well lived in, as there were magazines and shoes, and some weapons lying around. And everyone, and I mean every fucking avenger and associate(people like pepper) were there, sitting on the couch waiting for us. I hear Tony and Steve breathe one unanimous "shit" .

"Where the hell have you been and who the flying fidget spinners are you?" A man I identified as Clint Barton yelled out. I immediately backed up, slightly nervous at his tone. 

"Right," Tony says, "This is Peter, our son that we adopted today. We didn't tell you because we wanted it to be a surprise." I see James looking at me strangely so I slightly shake my head in and he gets it and looks away. I guess he does remember.

"Oh" Clint says, then his eyes widen in horror and flicker up to the ceiling panel above us . I understood immediately that he was going to prank them for leaving without saying anything. My spider sense told me it was just water, so I simply shoved Steve and tony out of the way as the water fell, yelling SHIT  in Russian. Steve looks at me in shock at the fact I spoke in Russian and that I could move him. 

"What? How? Russian?" Steve stutters out. I laugh in my head at how stupid he looks.

"I knew that Mr.Barton was prancing you guys because once you explained his eyes widened and flickered a couple times to the ceiling panel above our heads, and living with a couple other kids that loved to prank I know that prank all too well. I was able to move Steve because he was slightly off balance and not on guard. The Russian is much more simple. One of my foster families made me learn it because that's what they spoke." I said this quickly, hoping that they would believe it.

"I like you kid. You've got spunk" Said Natasha. She stood up and shook my hand. I continued to do introductions to everyone (not writing it all out cause I'm lazy) and last was Bucky. I mentally decided not to call him James but I just couldn't. He stuck his Metal hand out to me and I shook it saying,

"Hey James. Road work ahead?"

"Uh, yeah, I sure hope it does. Anyways Peter how are Jack and Charlie?" James replies.

"Fine, I'm confident that they will be adopted soon." I say a true smile forming on my face. James nods his head while  Clint and Sam yell,

"WHAT THE FUCK??? HOW DO YOU KNOW HIM??" I flinch backwards and I know it doesn't go unnoticed by everyone. I glance at James for a second, not sure what to say.

"Um I got a wrong number and it happened to be him, and we ended up meeting in a cafe in Queens. And before you say that it was unsafe I had already hacked his phone and knew he wasn't gonna kidnap me or something." I say, hoping that they would buy the lie. And thank god they did.

"You hacked my phone?" Tony asks, looking a mixture between proud and confused.

"Um...yes? It's not that hard once you get past that AI of yours. She's quite tough to break through." I said uncertainly. The team looks at me shocked. I quickly add, "I'm really sorry about hacking I just needed to know that he wasn't some nazi soldier or a bad guy or anything."

"Kid your working with me in the lab, your IQ must be off the charts! Do you know what your IQ is?" He asked incredulously.

"267" I mumble.

"267!!! That's ridiculously high!" Steve says, hearing my mumble. I sign to Clint,

"That's exactly why I don't tell people. I've had at least half my teachers ask me to do their taxes." Clint snorts and Tony looks like he's just remembered something.

"That's why you understood Bruce's books!" Tony exclaims.

"Yes that is why-" and at that moment THE Bruce Banner walks in and I just have to stare.

"Oh. My. God. Your Bruce Banner!"

"Yeah I know I'm the hulk" Bruce mumbles sadly.

"No! Well yes you are the hulk but I'm talking about your work! Your the most renowned scientist of the generation! Your work on *insert sciency terms and topics* has truly shaped my way of thinking about *re insert sciency stuff* I have read your books and it's truly an honor meeting you Dr Banner!" Dr.Banner's face breaks out in a huge smile and starts rambling back to me about his work. The others stare at us as we talk for a good ten minutes.

"Who are you by the way?" Dr Banner asks me.

"Oh yeah" I laugh, "I'm peter, Tony and Steve's adopted son, just finalized the paperwork today."

"I'm glad, now I have someone to talk to!" Dr Banner says, before adding "congrats Tony!" Then my spider sense went off like a rocket.

Hey!! Sorry for the cliffhanger! Not really...

Anyway.... bye!

Love,

Pumpkin spice bae