prologue

ZELENA

"Dra. Dominguez!" I looked around the ward when someone called me. It must be an emergency. I picked my stethoscope up and put it around my neck.

"Doktora, may nagpapabigay ho," the nurse said. I thought it was some kind of emergency. But good thing, it wasn't.

It was not new to me anymore since everyday nakakatanggap ako ng gifts from my suitors. But this time, it was different. It was just a letter, I guess?

I went to my office and sat on my chair to read the letter. The handwriting was somehow familiar to me. I've seen it years ago! Baka ex-fling ko lang ang sender.

A pleasant day,

Sun's rising, the real jerk's calling. Here's my phone number-

I was about to crumple the paper but something caught my attention.

You look so stunning as before, Zelena... I want you back. Please, come back to me now. Let's date for real.

your hot guy,

Mr. Jerk

The only man who can make my heart beat fast is the same man who wrote and sent this letter. Why is he back? I wanted to forget him so bad...

"Dra. Dominguez..." I went back to my senses when someone entered my office. It was kuya Zylhian's wife.

"Oh, Zandraile! It's nice to see you again pero I think it's not... Kasi you're here. Is anything wrong?"

"I'm with the girls," she said and smiled widely before stepping aside to let the others enter.

"Bruhildang 'to! It's your birthday today, gaga!" Yazi immediately hugged me and gave me a kiss on the cheek.

"Happy birthday, Zelena!" Karenne greeted.

Well, Karenne and I are now okay. After that issue with Tyrell, nagkaayos kami.

Franzielle is not here though. I know, things between us are still awkward. She's the reason why I suffered for years. But good for her, she's happily married to Kyenn, the devilish idol.

"So? Hindi ba oyats magjijinoms?" Yazi the preggy asked.

"You're pregnant, bruhilda. That's bad for your-"

"Dra. Dominguez, dumating na raw po 'yung inorder n'yo sa isang online shop." My brows furrowed. What did I order this time?

They delivered it to my office so I had to open it in front of the girls. Yazi was smiling, so I already knew that the order was from her!

"What the hell?! Ano 'to?!"

"Obviously? It is a pair of lingerie," Zandra said.

Karenne just shook her head in disbelief. She's the conservative one. While Yazi is the most... I don't know the word to describe her.

"At ano ang gagawin ko with this pair of lingerie?!"

"Duhh? Wear it!" Yazi is so mataray as usual.

"Wear it kapag may watering session ka na for your mani," Zandra said. Nahawa na rin 'tong si Zandra. Sumbong ko nga 'to kay Kuya Zylhian.