c h a p t e r s i x

Giggling, Hermione stepped into the Slytherin common room after Theo gave her a kiss on the cheek then left for the library' with a look on her face of complete joy, soon to be brought down by Draco's.

He sat in the corner of the room peering at her over his spells book that read '100 charms for everyday housework'.

Professor Flitwick had instructed them to read up to chapter 12.

"Where have you been?"

Draco asked in a monotone voice clearly not happy with Hermione.

"Oooooo... Grumpy I see-" Hermione laughed walking over to beside Draco and stealing a cookie from the packet on the table beside him. 

"So... What's on your mind ?"

Hermione asked deciding this was the safest root to take.

"Hmmm... Nothing"

Draco answered putting his book down and taking the packet of cookies away from Hermione.

"Harsh move taking those away... Ok what is it Draco, you know you can tell me anything?"

Hermione was honestly concerned at this point, Draco was only ever this grumpy if something had seriously gone wrong.

"I don't know... Can I? Because it seems the Hermione I knew has gone now!"

"What do you mean-"

There was a burning sensation at the back of her eyes as it hit her... He was mad at her? But why?

Heads turned as Draco's voice began to raise.

"I think we should go talk about this somewhere else "

Draco said before standing up and walking towards his dorm.

"Wait-"

Hermione quickly followed after not wanting to be left awkwardly standing there, she was already on the verge of tears at the thought of one of her closest friends being mad at her.

As she reached the room Draco locked the door with a spell so no one could get in before also casting a silencing spell.

He had a bad feeling as a fire like sensation spread through himself, anger taking over.

"Why weren't you in class?"

"Huh- what do you mean I was with Theo...?"

Hermione said sitting lighty on the end of Draco's bed watching him pace the room.

"What so you where skipping class for him. Are you just ready to GIVE UP YOUR LIFE FOR HIM!! what if something goes wrong, it's not as of you can just go and get all that class time back"

"Why do you care Draco... TH-THIS IS MY LIFE... I can choose what I want"

"I care ok- BECAUSE I CARE!"

Punching the wall he turned around running his hands through his hair, Pansy was right what would he do...

" W-what do you mean you care"

She tightened her arms around herself and looked up at Draco, why was he like this... Why did he care so much about her.

"I care about you Hermione, I care about how you feel and i- I...."

For some reason Draco felt tears welling up in his eyes, he wasn't one to express emotion like this in front of people but with Hermione he just felt safe.

"You what?"

He sat down beside her rubbing his forehead as he thought.

"I... "

Draco couldn't express what he wanted to say in words, only actions.

Somehow he found himself leaning in and kissing Hermione, lightly at first but when he felt her kissing back it because more passionate.

It felt right he thought, her touch of her hands wrapped around his neck felt so relaxing.

With every minute more he was kissing her he realised how unfair on Theo it was, but he couldn't help himself.

A/N

Well... Draco be getting himself into a bit of trouble there😱

Q: do you plan out your books?

A: I didn't for my last one but for this one I have a whole page of notes and know what the basic plot of this whole thing is going to be 🤭

Please vote and share if you are enjoying 🙂❤️