Chapter 8 Bad, Bad, Brenda

I left to find a job that morning; Brenda wants me to get a job. I got to AT&T they asked me my name and my birth date. Everything was fine to they said “I pulled your criminal history.” “Thank you for this opportunity, I will leave” I stood up and left. When I got to my car it had key marks all over it. Then the seats were scratched, plus the radio screen was torn out.  I screamed and cursed the world out. I called Brenda and asked her for a ride she replied “call ya baby mama” and hung up. I Called Shaun and he was there in 12 minutes. “Man, what happened?” Shaun said snickering. “Man, just drive” I was so upset. “Ok” Shaun said still laughing.

When I got to the apartment the locks were changed and the door had slut, trash, Javion, cheat, and lies on the door. I used my credit card to open the door and the house was a mess. Brenda had pots on the stove burning and she was standing in the hall way with a match. “You want to see crazy” Brenda said laughing. “Brenda, baby STOP” I screamed. “Baby, Baby, BABY” Brenda screamed “you have 3 babies.” She was in tears and threatening to burn the building down.

Shaun came in to give me my phone and looked at Brenda with a blank stare. Mrs. Parker came from across the hall came in and screamed. Mrs. Parker is like a mother to me and she took me in after my mom passed. She turned the burners off then Brenda came near her with a knife and said “He sleeping with you too?” Mrs. Parker ran to me and said “I didn’t see nothing” and ran. “I some how managed to get the knife and matches from Brenda and she fell to the ground. Shaun came out the room with pills and alcohol saying this is the problem.