To Have It All

Word Count: 2205

Thoughts are italics in quotations = 'Example'

Flashbacks are in italics = Example

After the fight with Doppio/Boss | In what are his final moments Risotto Nero refuses to give in.

To have it all

"Ris..." (f/n) grunted, her sweet face looking both tired and aged by the pain and stress that coursed through her stilled body.

In fact, everything about her seemed drained, making his heart tighten, so much so, that he couldn't help but succumb to the stinging pain of the pesky, little pinpricks jabbing at his oddly colored eyes.

Warm, stray tears fell down the side of his face as he looked towards the (h/c) haired young woman, his glazed orbs glued to her barely breathing form, not wanting to miss a single breath.

With his scarlet irises attentively pointed to her, he forcibly moved his hand, desperately attempting to grasp at her chilled one in order to give her some sort of comfort, as meager as it may have been, pushing past his own sweltering pain to do so.

- He owed her that much, and it was the least he could do for her now.

After all, he'd failed, making their every effort of La Squadra feel futile, in turn, his will gone as his final move was met with even more disappointment. The boss had managed to slip through his fingers, and he cursed at the fact, moreso as he understood that the reason why she lay beside him in such a bloody heap was because of him.

To think, the same man that assured her they'd not only get their victory but also prosper had led his every member to their deaths.

"(f/n)..." He murmured, truly sorry, his voice weaved with a hurt that was pressed far beyond that of physical pain, "I'm sorry," He told her, feeling pathetic and helpless while silently crying.

For just a moment he saw her chest fall, (e/c) colored eyes closed at what he thought to be her final breath. However, before it could truly settle onto him that she was gone, she chuckled wearily, blinking up at the azure sky with fondness,

" D..Don..." she struggled to say, " You...You will be the Don," she said softly, her own eyes tearing as she continued to stare up at the bright sky, her (dark/light) orbs brainlessly following the sight of a few traveling birds, watching them soar freely.

"-Just like you said," she said with certainty, "Remember?" She asked, for just a fraction of a second, her (e/c) eyes having the lively glow to them they typically held.

"Yeah," She breathed as she lazily turned her head to him, "Just like we wanted," she added with a small smile delicately lifting the corners of her mouth.

'Because if anyone can do it...It's you, ' She thought with certainty, thinking the world of him.

" And I'll make sure of it," She said declared, her small smile growing into a triumphant grin. "So make us proud," She said to him, tightly shutting her eyes, forcing every bit of her into her final act of loyalty to her dear Capo.

He could then feel a friendly warmth spreading throughout his body, his eyes widening as he felt the familiar embrace shell over him, covering him from head to toe. It was eerily similar to the same one he'd been embraced by before, yet somehow stronger, and filled with much more purpose,