Five:Journey through the past

Idek know what to say ... I've had exams and yeah I was basically revising myself to death and I know that was a shitty excuse.

I'm not really happy with this chapter I found it really hard to write, like really fucking hard  .... But please vote and comment xx ilysm

"Thank you from the bottom of my heart from head to toe from the soul your ripped apart"

Mkto- Thank you (amazing song)

The heat embraces me like a familiar friend as I walk into the small shop squeezed in the corner of a dead street. This is the place I spent most my days after school as a child just to get away from my surroundings. A small Italian restaurant owned by Bill.

"Hey Bill" I say Hope doing the same. He pops up from behind the counter and smiles hugging me and Hope. Bill smiles at Hope handing her a lolly-pop from the jar meant for actual paying customers. She thanked him and then waltzed over to the chairs on the other side of the empty room and sat down alone.

"Thanks for looking after her there is just some things I have to do before I leave" I explain to Bill he nods telling me he completely understands. I thank him one last time before saying my goodbyes and  telling Hope to be good as I would be back soon.

I walk out my face falling at the task ahead. I was going to do it. I was going to go there. That abandoned house no one bought because of its horrific conditions. The house the children now call the haunted house. My childhood home, or house I should say. There  was no sense of belonging in that house or security just fear and pain, a lot of pain.

I walk down the streets that my feet seem to know more than my brain. My walking becomes slower when I reach the tree that stood in front it. The Tire swing is still there. Our Tire swing is till there. Its gently swinging due to the breeze. I never knew rope and a tire could be so intimating. 

"Dad this is so boring I say pointing at the homework he was helping me with, I had already done so much and math was never my strong point. My dad looks at me nodding. He stands up and holds his hand out signaling for me to take it.

I place my hand in his as he pulls me up.

He lets go of my hand and walks to the craft  cupboard pulling out a long bit of rope. Then he goes to the garage and there is a loud crash, he emerges from the sound with a tire in his hand and slightly limping. I put my hand over my mouth and let out a load laugh my dad doing the same, we inevitably ended up in fits of laughter on our way out the front door.

"What are you doing" I ask looking up at him due to the massive height difference.

"Were making a tire swing" He says smiling down at me after turning his attention back onto the tall oak tree in front of us.

Once it was made we sat on it until the sun set he held me on his lap swinging up and down telling me stories about how he and his friends would make them near the lake and then jumped into the lake. He promised to make one with me. He never did, later that  year he was diagnosed with cancer.  He didn't do much after that. We didn't really do much after that.

Even at that young age I could see my dad died way before his death. His body slowly withering away despite the evergreen smile hiding all the pain I knew he felt. My mother well, she was just getting pathetic.

Towards the end, when my dad had been taken into intensive care in the hospital I knew she started cheating on him. She gave shitty excuses when I found out. She said she needed to feel alive again, only now do I see the true irony behind the statement.