family

I just turned 18 and I know that people around me expect me to have a normal life and get married and have kids and everything but I really don't know if I want to get into that. Like the prospect of having a family scares me and here's why.

First and foremost, having kids.

I have 3 arguments against having kids
1. It's horrible for the environment. Now this one might not be a big concern for most people, but if it is, here's the breakdown. Imagine all the carbon emissions that are released just to produce the food you eat. Now, you have to release that much for another whole person. Congrats. Well guess what, that person is going to produce emissions by just fucking breathing. Then all the emissions from electrical consumption and vehicle use over the course of their lives, and so much more. But I guess this isn't a massive deal for most people. Like it's fiiine. The planet isn't going anywhere, we are. There's one way to deal with this problem though, and that's adoption.

2. So let's go to argument no. 2. And that's money. Have you ever sat down and wondered about how expensive it is to raise a fucking child? I mean just look at you. You need about 10 dollars a day to just feed yourself on average. Unless you're one of those people that eat at taco Bell and KFC every single day. In which case I FUCKING HATE YOU. Now imagine having to spend all that for another person. And o er the course of say an year, that really adds up. And then you have to pay for toys and clothes and videogames. Imagine getting another Minecraft subscription!! And then there's educational expenses and healthcare and you have to pay them an allowance and all that bullshit. Like wtf man? But that's just how it goes. The only solution to this? Get rich. Well not rich, not really. But trust me, you would've been rich if you didn't have that kid in the first place. So your fault, I guess.

3. It feels wrong. Almost evil. before I was born, no one showed up with some kind of disclaimer or contract about what was going to happen with me. One moment I was chilling in the void, not existing, and the next, I was in this mess of a life. Now, I don't mean to be a slob who just complains and blames stuff on the world, but its true. Life, isn't easy. Its painful, and messy, and weird and awkward and sad at times. And not all of us can deal with these emotions all the time. As a result, some people break. Now, before someone is born, there is no way to know what circumstances this person will go through. Will they absolutely love their life? Will they wish they were never born? Is it good, then, knowing that you could potentially, be forcing someone to have an absolutely miserable existence, and still giving birth?

Life, is not simple. Values are complex, and no one really knows what is right and what isn't. I don't mean to force these on anyone. I wish I could say that I don't want any of you to adopt these values, because I can't. I genuinely feel like the world would be a better place if everyone adopted these values. If we simply kept these 3 points at the back of our minds; Fewer kids would be born; Those that are, would be treated much better, and most importantly, the world would definitely be a much better place than it is today.